Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive recently got a pit not much background on,not even breed.Just glad to get him outta the situation he was in.

I've been asking alot of questions and the forum is full of help and info so thank you guys much

my question is. Trying to figure the age of my dog.They say you can tell if hes under a year or over a year if the balls drop or sumthing..

I'ma post some pictures of his private area and tell me if his balls has drop and if they has does that mean he over a year and if they hasnt does that mean he isnt a year

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Classy:clap:

Just playing.

They look like they dropped, but I had to look away. Haha

At 8 weeks you tend to know if they both "dropped

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
He is deffinately ready to be neuterd. Once you take him to the vet he/she should be able to give you an estimate on age by looking at their teeth.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
:goodpost:

Some dogs' balls "drop" by the time they're a few weeks old, some not until 6 months. Some never drop at all and those definitely have to be neutered. Its not really a reliable indicator of age.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
lmao. sorry but i hadda look. i'm with mikado, n i'm sure u member on ur last thread the vet suggestion was thrown out then too ;) neuter that boy!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think that you can even feel if they've both dropped.
Not that I go around yanking on my dogs balls.
But for sure he's ready to be neutered.
And I think dogs balls drop before they're one, so that might not be the best way to tell his age.
But the vet can definitely do it.
I rescued some baby kittens and my vet was able to tell me the age immediately.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
My bulldog had balls before he was 4 months old, as I have pics with the goods in them at 4 months lol. As a breeder my grandmother occassionally had a dog who's testicles did not both drop, and she or the vet could usually tell if there was a good chance of the other one coming down by the time the pups were 12 weeks. If there was no second ball by 12-16 weeks, the dog was sent to a pet home on a neuter contract.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Ive recently got a pit not much background on,not even breed.Just glad to get him outta the situation he was in.

I've been asking alot of questions and the forum is full of help and info so thank you guys much

my question is. Trying to figure the age of my dog.They say you can tell if hes under a year or over a year if the balls drop or sumthing..

I'ma post some pictures of his private area and tell me if his balls has drop and if they has does that mean he over a year and if they hasnt does that mean he isnt a year

I think you are referring to that final drop as we dog men call it. It normally happens between the age of 11-12months, and the indicator is when your dog starts to hike his legs and semen will actually come out when he is full aroused. I think this is what you are referring to. That is a for sure sign that your dog is 11moths or older. This is the time frame for male Pitt bulls. I have had other breeds but I know this for sure about this breed. Its my favorite breed. Also I think you can see that your dog has nutts, but you had to here this from a real dog man. We are the only people that speak on nutts dropping at that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts