Go Pitbull Forums banner

When to Switch To Adult (kirkland feed)

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  menace187 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, My girl indica is on Kirkland Signature Range Super Premium Puppy Chicken, Rice and Vegetable

I'm wondering, shes on the smaller side but seems to be getting bigger now, I wasnt feeding her upto a few monthes ago, (She was getting half of what she shud daily) I was using 2 handfuls thinking it was 2 cups, which it was only like 1 cup.. so she shud have been getting 4 handfuls, twice daily.

Shes pitbull x mastiff mix.
Shud I keep her on puppy food until shes a year... (about 2 monthes from now give or take) Or continue her on puppy food until shes 16-18 monthes.

there she is with my other dog, cyssero... american bulldog x lab about 70 lbs... and my sisters lab (about 100 lb)
When I weighed her about a month or so ago she was 39 Lb.

See less See more
#3 ·
My past few dogs haven't even been on puppy food and they have all grown up just fine :) I would suggesst a better grain free food though....dogs don't need grains and they can cause allergies down the road.

#4 ·
I switch mine over at about 10 months , Our oldest boy we had to switch early the vet said he was growing to fast and wanted him on the adult food I think he was closer to 6-7 months { was awhile back forget exact age but was earlier then I usually switch}

#7 · (Edited)
With the puppy food, you feed more cups, with the adult food, you feed less cups, or less quantity of food, w.e you want to refer to it.

I think kirkland is great, its under the same brand as diamond dog food, but it has much more nutrients. Not to mention you get more dog food than you would get from a diamond bag. My favorite part is that its easy on the pockets. I would love to feed a great kibble, but feeding three dogs can get very costly.

#8 ·
I'm going to keep her on puppy until shes 16 monthes or so, and just give her lots of exercise.
But im wondering if when i do the switch to adult food; if i should put her on normal kirkland adult food, or the kirkland adult food for overweight dogs... and just feed 4 cups on overweight feed
since its less high on fat.

#10 ·
Id feed the normal , its levels arent that high. Over weight food doesnt make sense to me if they are over weight cut there food intake and up there exercise or sometimes just added excersie works.

#12 ·
update on her weight, shes 49 lb.... so in the last month or so since i last weigh her she grew 10 lb. shes still really small tho, and looks like shes not the right size (shes got mastiff in her, and her head is not filled out yet etc, still looks like a puppy.)
ie if i close my fist its the size of the top of her head

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.