Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to let some steam off..when I walk any of my dogs I go out of my way to make sure they do NOT go to the bathroom or even walk on anyone else's property as I feel it is a huge sign of disrespect and just plain rude. However today as I was looking out my window, I saw my neighbor's kids and their friends (all at least 10 or under) walking their little wiener dog past my house and I see them letting it go right onto my property to urinate on the big pine trees in front of my house..then I watch as they pass over to my other neighbor's yard and they are literally walking on his property with the dog to let it sniff and go to the bathroom on one of his plants. I had to walk away and sit down because I was just FUMING!!

Am I nuts with this little pet peeve of mine or does this set anyone else off too????? :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
My neighbors a few years back had a little house dog. Funny sounding name but I can't remember it osa lopsa or something like that. They would just open the door and let it out. They do not have a fence. This was a problem for two reasons. Number one thing was it would come into my backyard where sampson was on his chain and stand just out of reach and bark at him. I took the dog back over there and asked them to keep him out of my yard because my dog didn't like him. Secondly the dog would come and poop right at the foot of my steps. Asked the neighbors sevral times to stop him from doing that as well. They never listened there were some days I actually thought about letting sampson off chain but I knew that even if there dog was in my yard it may end in him being put down and I couldn't let that happen

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
My neighbors a few years back had a little house dog. Funny sounding name but I can't remember it osa lopsa or something like that. They would just open the door and let it out. They do not have a fence. This was a problem for two reasons. Number one thing was it would come into my backyard where sampson was on his chain and stand just out of reach and bark at him. I took the dog back over there and asked them to keep him out of my yard because my dog didn't like him. Secondly the dog would come and poop right at the foot of my steps. Asked the neighbors sevral times to stop him from doing that as well. They never listened there were some days I actually thought about letting sampson off chain but I knew that even if there dog was in my yard it may end in him being put down and I couldn't let that happen
What you should do is either call Animal Control, or catch it while it's in your yard and take it to Animal Control. Let them have to go pay to get their dog back! But never let your dog attack it, that is nooooot good and does not solve the problem whatsoever.

As for the OP, many people walk their dogs to get them to go potty. If they poop in my yard and don't pick it up, I am angry. If it's a pee, oh well. The dog has to pee somewhere, as long as they don't like physically walk onto my property up near my house and let it pee like on my house or the landscaping right up against my house, then whatever. If there's a tree near the sidewalk and it pees on that, then whatever! Animals have to go potty and they have to do it outside, so as long as they are not leaving a mess I wouldn't be too upset about it!

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
I'd get a little irate too. When I walk my dogs we are walking for exercise only. If you have to potty, do it in your own yard. Pee wouldn't bug me too much, but if your dog drops a deuce, you better pick it up and leave absolutely no mess. That's how I feel about it anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I agree totally, especially if you have an actual yard, shoot stay in your own! I live in a city and there is not much lawn unless its on people's the property. Everyone has 3 ft fences and the ones that don't I try hard not let my pup go more than a foot on their lawn, but still he sometimes squats so fast I have to pic up the poop and always feel like I am being watched, lol. I have had many people actually come out and thank me for picking it up. Umm hello its a law, I HATE when people don't pick it up!!

I have one neighbor who walks up the street for her dog to poop and never ever pics it up. Its hugely annoying just cause your dogs is little you still need to pic it up! This is also a tiny little off leash dog who feels he can run behind in my back yard (.08 acres mind you, lol) and pee on my plants. I don't even let my own dog pee in my back yard! how is he gonna! Gargamel gets very upset when he does this, rightfully so.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
If its just a foot or two into the yard, I can't say I care all that much. In the area I grew up in, there were no sidewalks. So if you walked your dog at the edge of the road, chances are your dog might wander into someone's yard. I would never have walked my dog into someone's yard, and I expected the same courtesy.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I go out and say something to them when that happens, the only people I dont mind is on occassion a couple elderly guys { who are very nice and always bring my dogs treats } will walk by on there way to the forest they never come on the property but there dogs have used the edge of my yard to do there buisness { but those guys always clean up} so I dont get mad at them , anyone else though i go at and make myslef known we have very nice yards around here { mine isnt one of the nicer ones lol} but I do the same as you i go out of my way to make sure my dogs stay off there yards and dont potty near them , they know what areas they can go if we are walking the neighborhood they just walk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate when people do that but give them some slack...these are little kids...they don't really know better.
Ahh I know but this family has passed my point of being nice and cutting slack when a few years ago these kids were standing at the top of my driveway throwing rocks at my dogs through my fence! :mad: But I digress...:roll:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, good to know I'm not as nuts as I thought!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just chucked 2 turds onto my neighbor's walkway but it was their visiting son's dog... I saw 2 dogs poop and the poops were still there the next day, so I lost it and sent them back. I was hoping it was like in boot camp when someone screws up they ALL pay - so I was hoping they'd get madder at him...not sure it it worked, tho. I try to keep Ruby off of people's I know lawns but you can't help pee and we are good about picking up the other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts