Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just wondering for fun, if Pit bulls or Bullies are popular in your neighborhood?? And how many you may have on your street. :roll:

I'll start.... I live in Los Angeles, CA but in a very surburban area. On my street there's a total (with mine) only 3 lol I was the only one who used to have any Pit bulls so I was seen as the "evil neighbor" lol :hammer: Or the one house ppl would skip lol

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
in our neighborhood in Ct, there are a lot of pitbull/mixes. But in my bf's suburban neighborhood in Queens, NY, we might see maybe one or 2 in our walks at the local park. He has the only pit on his block, otherwise all you see are labs/retrievers or little lapdogs. It's funny how they always cross the street or walk the other way when they see Spartacus coming down the street. ;)

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know we're known as the "rebels" cuz we won't own little lapdogs which is all there is on my block lol

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
10 acre parcel no neighbors within 20 acres and I think a guy down yonder has a catchdog with his bear hounds. I have the one and only ... up here.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I live in SE Florida, including my two pitbulls there are 5 total, 1 lady has an albino Doberman that is absolutely stunning & very well behaved - everyone that owns their pitbull in my neighborhood is very responsible with their dogs & always walking on leash, including the dobie owner. Other dogs as well & those dogs I always use to see off leash. I actually see many pitbulls in my area but still quite a bit of ignorance as well.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I see quite a few pit bulls when I am home from work early enough to venture out or go jogging. There aren't any pits in the few blocks surrounding me that I know of. Our current neighbors like our dogs but are selling their house and moving in the next 6 months so I am a little worried about who might be moving in next door.

I live in a city with a "potentially dangerous dog" law that applies to pit bulls and so sadly, the city animal shelter holds pits for 72 hours to allow owners to claim them or they are put down. I saw an adorable white pit bull puppy there once who was a stray and on death row. It was terrible! It also prevents most shelters in the outlying areas from adopting pit bulls to residents of the city.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I live in the suburbs of Atlanta and in my neighborhood I own the one and only pit bull. lol
lol I am right around you I live in the metro area and well I don't see a lot of APBT's around my way. I have seen a few bully's though. I think the further you go into the country is where you will see more APBT's in Georgia. Because I know we have a lot of them here.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
lol I am right around you I live in the metro area and well I don't see a lot of APBT's around my way. I have seen a few bully's though. I think the further you go into the country is where you will see more APBT's in Georgia. Because I know we have a lot of them here.
I see plenty around town but in my subdivision Kangol es el único. lol

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I live right across the street from the ghetto lol and am surrounded by pitbull mixes and every other breed you could imagine. Actually its funny this thread comes up as just yesterday on my way home I notice not one, not two, but three different people with pitbull type puppies walking on ropes, yes ropes, within 1 block.......

I have 7.. There is 1 a couple houses down with a nice ol lady. That dog goes at the fence so bad every time the dogs and I walk by, but when she walks him by my yard and my dogs bark he stares and just wants to lunge at them sooo bad, but will not pull that ol lady :D

Across the street is a woman with 5 a mother and her litter from last year ( very aggressive dogs the first I have ever almost been attacked by)
There is a lady couple blocks away who enjoys walking her 3 unleashed and allowing them to roam into peoples yards who don't have fences.
Wonder how our breed gets this bad rap... hmmmmm.....

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I live right across the street from the ghetto lol and am surrounded by pitbulls mixes and every other breed you could imagine. Actually its funny this thread comes up as just yesterday on my way home I notice not one, not two, but three different people with pitbull type puppies walking on ropes, yes ropes, within 1 block.......
Ropes??? OMG holly I would have died LOL man people are really retarded.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I live in the Tucker(ATL), Ga and i have yet to see one ABPT in my hood..lol but I have one ABPT for now.
LOL I lived in Tucker and Decatur and you aren't looking hard enough! hahaha
They are everywhere! Heck, when I lived over there I myself had 7.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I live right across the street from the ghetto lol and am surrounded by pitbull mixes and every other breed you could imagine. Actually its funny this thread comes up as just yesterday on my way home I notice not one, not two, but three different people with pitbull type puppies walking on ropes, yes ropes, within 1 block.......

I have 7.. There is 1 a couple houses down with a nice ol lady. That dog goes at the fence so bad every time the dogs and I walk by, but when she walks him by my yard and my dogs bark he stares and just wants to lunge at them sooo bad, but will not pull that ol lady :D

Across the street is a woman with 5 a mother and her litter from last year ( very aggressive dogs the first I have ever almost been attacked by)
There is a lady couple blocks away who enjoys walking her 3 unleashed and allowing them to roam into peoples yards who don't have fences.
Wonder how our breed gets this bad rap... hmmmmm.....
Is it possible you have a homeless shelter nearby? I live in the ghetto too and there is a shelter nearby and also one near where I work so there are the occasional dogs with rope leashes on the bus with their squatter owners. I have thought about purchasing cheap but well made leashes in bulk so I can pass them out to people who do this. Seattle is a very popular place to squat for drifter types in the summer time and I don't carry cash but this is something I wouldn't mind providing.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts