Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Bert has been sleeping in his crate at night since we got him a little over 3 months ago. He's about 18 months now. He hasn't had any problems, sometimes he'll even go in the crate before we tell him to.

Our other dog Izzy has taken a liking to my 14 year old sons new bed. For almost 4 years, she's slept on our floor, but his bed is the new place to be I guess. We never really crated her and I trust her completely in the house, so I'm fine with it.

Bert is in his kennel about 4hrs a day while we are at work or school, and then at night for bed. Other than that he is roaming the house with Izzy as long as someone is home. Both dogs love to hang out with my son in his room while he's playing xbox or whatever. They hang around on his bed.

So the past few nights when it's time for bed, Bert sneaks in his room and hops on my sons bed. He's quite pitiful when we tell him no and to go to his crate. He reluctantly listens and slowly walks down the hall. Poor fella.

I like knowing he's safe and out of trouble in the crate, but I feel bad and my son is always trying to get us to let him stay. Especially since Izzy sleeps in there.

Where do your dogs sleep?

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Camo sleeps on the living room sofa. We put up a child gate to keep him out of the bedrooms. My son is too young for a dog to sleep with him, and my wife won't allow him in our bedroom.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Squirt sleeps on his bed in our room, Piggy sleeps in bed with us. I'd honestly be totally fine with both of them sleeping with us, but Squirt prefers his own space on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Ecko sleeps as close to my butt as he can get. Under the covers, and in my bed. Sometimes under me if it's cold. He thinks he's a 6 lb dog. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Titus sleeps on the floor on top of his bed. Athena sleeps on her bed locked inside her cage. Even when sleeping I keep them separated unless I am there, and coherent.
No dogs of the bed, I lie to sleep in a spot that is dog hair free as possible LOL.

JoK, love the picture of the dog with the surprised look on it's face. Thanks for the link bud.

Joe

·
Registered
116 Posts
Everyone has their own bed on the floor of my bedroom and that's where they sleep at night. Michaela only spent a couple of months sleeping in a crate by my bed before she 'graduated' to a crate-free dog bed. She still sleeps next to my bed.
Outside the bedroom, there are various dog beds to choose from, and the dogs are allowed on the couch (it's a small couch, so only one dog and one person will fit).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Titus sleeps on the floor on top of his bed. Athena sleeps on her bed locked inside her cage. Even when sleeping I keep them separated unless I am there, and coherent.

Joe
Ya that's the thing. I've been told by many here to keep them separate when not paying attention to them. Of course Bert sleeps lime a log, but who knows if he'd get up roaming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts