Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just wanted to find out from most of you where your dogs sleep. my wife and i have a little bed setup for our girl nahla rigth beside our own bed. Every night we fall asleep the dog will sleep on the floor somehow in the morning the dog has ended up on our bed right between the 2 of us. we use to crate her to go to bed but one morning i had to go out and leave the dog with my wife, when i got home i found the two of them watching tv in bed. from that day on she didnt want to sleep in the crate at night. :hammer:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Suey sleeps in her crate at night.
Pretty Girl sometimes sleeps in her crate and sometimes sleeps in my daughters room on the floor next to her bed.Although then sometimes in the morning when I go wake her up for school I find Pretty Girl in her bed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suey sleeps in her crate at night.
Pretty Girl sometimes sleeps on her crate and sometimes sleeps in my daughters room on the floor next to her bed.Although then sometimes in the morning when I go wake her up for school I find Pretty Girl in her bed.
ahahaha they are so sneaky. you gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
mine sleep in bed with me. supposed to be on in front of me n one behind me to avoid playtime during my sleep time altho lately they've been donimating a whole side and stealing my covers... we need a bigger bed ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Phoebe, Orion and Demon all sleep in crates, covered of course and Phoenix sleeps on my side of the bed on his own blanket and pillow, but as soon as he knows we are asleep he will sleep at the foot of the bed on my side, Penny also has her own blanket but prefers to sleep on the couch, but she has to fall asleep next to dad-guy on her blanket, cause once her meds kick in there is NO waking that girl up, lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had every intention of crating Bailey for bed time when I first got her. Due to her being 5 weeks old and in need of constant attention she started to sleep in bed with myself or my girl. Now she sprawls out and I find myself almost falling off the bed lol. It's my fault for letting her up with us in the first place, but now it's kinda nice. She will throw a paw over my shoulder and snuggle. She still knows who's boss REGARDLESS of her sleeping situation. Some people will say it puts the dog on the same level as you and they will challenge you bla bla bla. I believe if you have a firm hand in raising your dog you'll be fine. Just can't let them take an inch because that's when problems arise. Discipline discipline discipline is what it's about

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
lol China sleeps in the bed but when scrap gets up there I kick them both off otherwise im over the edge and usually have a paw in my face, but if hubbys outta town they both sleep with me. Meek doesnt like to stay in at night he paces and pants, drives me crazy so he usually sleeps outside unless its storming then we put him in to crate and Diamond pants in her crate so I have her in her own pen, but when everyones outside during the day she comes in and lays by my feet.. :D

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Marley has gotten old and grouchy so he likes his space lol he has his own bed it's a long wide tub with his pillows and blankets in in, it funny he just moved his stuff right in there. We used it to mix potting soil in before but Marley has stolen it for a bad of his own lmao.
Dosia has a few blankets and pillows he sleeps on by the couch. But If I'm home alone they're both on my bed lol :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Axel sleeps in his 4x3x3' crate on two large blankets so he can make himself a "nest" as he pleases in them. The crate is located in my finished basement. I'd put his crate in my bedroom but I have a tiny bedroom and am a light sleeper and Axel is a LOUD sleeper (snoring, rolling around, licking his chops, etc).

·
Registered
87 Posts
smokey the puppy and minnie my moms minpin are crated at night, and bandit sleeps wherever he wants, some nights he wants outside, some nights with my sister, or in the chair he just falls asleep wherever he was playing at last really

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both our dogs sleep in their kennel, with old couch cushions that they love so much they haven't chewed them up at all!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Some people will say it puts the dog on the same level as you and they will challenge you bla bla bla. I believe if you have a firm hand in raising your dog you'll be fine. Just can't let them take an inch because that's when problems arise. Discipline discipline discipline is what it's about
yeah i was told this once by a trainer and maybe there is some truth to it i have no idea but we seem to be doing ok. when we tell nahla "NO" it means no.

hahaha all i know is that at 4 months or so her sleeping on the bed was not too bad but now at 9 months 48 pounds she occupies some prime realestate. its ok though i found a trick to dealing with that. in the middle of the night i slide her over to my wifes side. when my wife wakes up she always says that nahla stole her spot on the bed. i just tell her that the dog loves her more. seems to be working so far....lol dont tell my wife...hahahah:roll:

edited for grammar

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
when i had to share my bed, they slept next to me on the floor by the bed. saved time and arguements over which was really my favorite... him or the dogs... but really- i know who would win :D obviously- they are the ones sharin the bed now :D ahahahaha. oh my.

·
Registered
28 Posts
all three of my dogs sleep in the bed with me and my fiance. my pit sleeping in his kennel only lasted about a month after we got him. he would cry until we let him in the bed. and then he insists on sleeping right in the middle of us! lol..

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all three of my dogs sleep in the bed with me and my fiance. my pit sleeping in his kennel only lasted about a month after we got him. he would cry until we let him in the bed. and then he insists on sleeping right in the middle of us! lol..
all it takes is that one time. nahla absolutely insists on sleeping in between me and my wife. well she starts off at the foot of the bed but some time between 4-5am she works her way right in the middle. now she has gotten even smarter she will scratch my wife to tell her let me under the blanket :hammer:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts