Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those starting out in weight pull, one common question is "where to I get a harness?" I threw this sticky together to list some sources where people can get weight pull equipment. This list does not cover every single harness-maker out there, but it should provide a good base to start from.

Please, if you are planning to pull your dog in competition, buy the best equipment you can afford! The equipment is just the tip of the iceberg when evaluating the cost of competing in weight pull, and it can affect your dog's performance and even their safety. Do not use a walking, tracking, carting or sledding harness for weight pull! Weight pull harnesses are designed the way they are for a reason, and they must have a spreader bar. I personally recommend getting a harness custom-made to your dog's measurements as well. Puppy owners, if you are concerned about your dog growing out of the harness, use a cheap one for practice and then buy a good one before you go into competition, or perhaps just wait until your dog is closer to 1 year before starting their training. It takes time to build a dog up to the sport, so it will do you no harm to wait and size your dog for a proper harness.

(Note, some links say "harnesses," but they also sell drag sleds and other things as well.)

CD Pits Harnesses

Stillwater Kennel Supply

Tablerock Harnesses

Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment

Mighty Harness

Harnesses by Carol

Ikon Outfitters

Browndog Design

Oklahoma Connection

Blackjacks Leather & Nylon

Browns Pit Bull Connection

Southern Dixie Pits

Have fun and "werrrk son!" :D

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Missy website added. :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I got theboys harnesses and all three dogs collars and leahses from brenda at Mighty Harness. SHe is a wonderful lady. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Glad this was posted. Going to get into the sport this summer. It's starting to warm up a bit and I'm ready to DO something with my dogs. I honestly don't think Indi would do well in weight pull, she just seems too docile. So my hopes of WP glory are in Trance's court.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
we get all our harnesses from Troy Brown at

index

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get my harnesses from CDpits. I like them.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same question does anyone want to sale their old harness to a 4 yr old pittie mix who is just starting out on training on wp. I live in Ga. Im trying to find him a wagon so I can get him aquianted with pulling it first. He weighs 62lbs and I can't figure out how to measure from A to B then to C area on him he won't be still long enough. Would like for it to be adjustable if all possible thanks. Misty

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the same question does anyone want to sale their old harness to a 4 yr old pittie mix who is just starting out on training on wp. I live in Ga. Im trying to find him a wagon so I can get him aquianted with pulling it first. He weighs 62lbs and I can't figure out how to measure from A to B then to C area on him he won't be still long enough. Would like for it to be adjustable if all possible thanks. Misty
What about making or buying track equipment

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I need some help....
Do you know, what kind of carpet does a wp construction need?

Thank you in advance!

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
16 months, exercise is fine for pups.. but be ssslllllloooooowwwww
let her develop and be a puppy first :)

Once you start weights.. start lighter than you want and increase slowly over time. Development of desire is key, confidence will get you real weight.. If they KNOW they can do it, they will :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just got a little pit pup named Nova. Thinking about weight pulling with her. To bring her to competitions does she have to be registered? I don't have papers for her.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
One of the best current places to he a WP harness is from Cold River Harnesses. This is an older thread. She knows her stuff and quality is excellent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts