Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Twenty bucks ???

I wish New Zealand cropped! *shakes fist in air* I dont see the harm in it and the vets would roll in the cash.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I am bumping for some new ears :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
State:Louisiana
City:Marksville
Vet Office:Veterinary Clinics of Avoyelles
Crop Style:Show Crop with little to no bell
The vet actually did between a show and long crop, We are debating on trimming them a tad bit shorter.

Price you paid: $250 all care and meds included

Head pic of your dog

(Wow she was holding her mouth funny lol)

Side Pic

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Siimba @ 12wks

State: Arizona/ Mexico
City: San Luis
Price: $20
Crop Style: Show crop
wow $20!!!! did they even put the dog under!?! :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
State: Washington
City: Tacoma
Vet Office: Dr Smith, VCA Parkway Animal Hospital
Crop Style: short, and very short show
Head pic of your dog: (all pics must be embeded and not to big)
Price you paid: $300 each dog, which included aftercare and pain meds

Dr Smith was AMAZING, she had a huge folder of samples already on hand, and looked carefully at all the pictures we showed her, and pictures of the sire and dam, and made some lines with a pen on the pups ears while we described what we wanted. She asked what we expected each pup to grow up to look like, and planned the height of the ear accordingly. She warned us about dimpling on the longer crop, and in general really knew her stuff. The crops came out perfect, healed fast, required no taping or posting. 5 of 5 stars ;)

The ears with a dimple (look they stand!)

The shorter crop

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
State: Washington
City: Tacoma
Vet Office: Dr Smith, VCA Parkway Animal Hospital
Crop Style: short, and very short show
Head pic of your dog: (all pics must be embeded and not to big)
Price you paid: $300 each dog, which included aftercare and pain meds

Dr Smith was AMAZING, she had a huge folder of samples already on hand, and looked carefully at all the pictures we showed her, and pictures of the sire and dam, and made some lines with a pen on the pups ears while we described what we wanted. She asked what we expected each pup to grow up to look like, and planned the height of the ear accordingly. She warned us about dimpling on the longer crop, and in general really knew her stuff. The crops came out perfect, healed fast, required no taping or posting. 5 of 5 stars ;)

The ears with a dimple (look they stand!)

The shorter crop

That is one good looking bully! Gorgeous :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
State: Georgia
City: Stockbridge
Vet Office: Stockbridge Animal Hospital
Crop Style: Show
Price you paid: $290.00 everything included (use them on my show dogs)

State: Georgia
City: Gordon
Vet Office:
Crop Style:
Price you paid: $95.00 Just this year price :)

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
State: Oklahoma
City: Chickasha
Vet Office: Cimarron Vet
Crop Style: Not sure I used a picture of Showtime's Berlin..lol
Price you paid: $85 total and the hubbie went in to make sure they did the cut how we wanted..of course this was back 12 years ago..lol

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
State Michigan
City: Clinton Township
Vet Office: Snider Veterinary Services
Crop Style: Between a show and a short (i showed him some pictures)
Head pic of your dog:
pre crop

after the tape came off, but before stitches came out, will add more after stitches are out

Price you paid: $354, included pre op blood work, op, meds, any and all post op visits that are for the ears)

I am EXTREMELY satisfied with these ears, they are just how i wanted and Dr. Snider is very experienced and a totally awesome guy! I have been driving an hour and 15 minutes each way to see him but it was completely worth it, i really recommend him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you please repost your dog's pictures for ear cropping? I'm in the Jacksonville area, & I'm looking for a great vet/artist. I need asap..Thank you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry if this sounds dumb but what's the difference between bell and no bell? Does no bell case more ear infections or what? My pup has his appointment on the 10th and I'm stuck between short crop and show crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Sorry if this sounds dumb but what's the difference between bell and no bell? Does no bell case more ear infections or what? My pup has his appointment on the 10th and I'm stuck between short crop and show crop.

the bell is the bottom of the ear that droops out kind of like the lobe... here an example of a bell

Google Image Result for http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/kratos221/P4073505.jpg

and in my lil icon u can see my dog without the bell... its personal preference.... i think it just looks cleaner without the bell

·
Registered
48 Posts
the bell is the bottom of the ear that droops out kind of like the lobe... here an example of a bell

Google Image Result for http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/kratos221/P4073505.jpg

and in my lil icon u can see my dog without the bell... its personal preference.... i think it just looks cleaner without the bell
Hey thanks for the info I really appreciate it. I think I'll go with no bell I've seen how weird some look I just never knew it was because of the bell haha learn something new everyday ill post up pics of Otto when he's done.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts