Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an APBT. When I got her, I had no idea about American Bullies. I have read some general books on APBT's. And I knew friends with APBT's. My favorite things about them are

(1. Size, Helena is in the high 40 lb range. I like to keep my dogs in the house so she is a good size for being a house dog, but not too small since I don't like most dogs under about 25lbs..

(2. Their temperament. Although, I wish Helena wasn't so cowardly. She didn't get the "brave" part of the temperament. But she did get the clownishness, and the "In your face i wanna love you all day" part. lol

(3. Looks, I just love the way they look. I really love their natural rose prick ears. I love the variety of colors and the shape of the head.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I got an apbt simply because I like the no quit addittude of the breed, size and the versitility of these dogs. Riley is everything I could ask for. not only is she people friendly but she has never quit on me. always has given me 110% with anything and everything she does!truely not the best looking dog but anyone who has met her IRL has fallen madly inlove and has appreciated her intense nature and natural beauty. she is my 42lb wildchild LOL!

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
the idea that I would even,the reference to 'bully" is new fangled.I got a pit bull when they were american pit bull terriers.
A member of the BULLDAWG FAMILY.
I still gots me a buwdawg, the only breed that can stand the true test of OFF THE CHAIN!!!
and that expression was incorporated by pits because off the chain is how somea us dun it.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have always loved this breed since I can remember. There was always something about there temperament, personality, pittie smile, muscular stature,and big blocky heads. It wasn't until joining GP that I realized what I have always liked the look of......the American Bully. I just always thought they were a "bigger pit bull" but I was wrong. I bought Bella back in January as an APBT as most first time owners of the breed do. Bella is more of the classic type bully which I love. I love the bullies just not the over-sized ones that we see weighing 100 pounds. I have always wanted this breed to honor what they are and for my dog to show people what one really should behave like. So far we have changed a few peoples minds on the breed. A couple of those minds I changed is my parents. They have fallen in love with Bella and all the negative things that are said about these dogs they now stick up for them. The saying there is no bad dogs just bad owners is the statement my mother often uses when she hears negative comments. :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
we like APBTs because of the size.... not too big and not too little.... and the temperament :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
well I've only come to own APBT'S because they kinda fell unto me lol Got my first one when I was ten because a neighbor threw her out and we kept her, after that I fell in love with the breed.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
APBT - super intelligent, great temperament, great size - not too big but not too small & a perfectly loyal companion that can come with me on long walks & take the heat s.fl has to bring. I also find the history of the breed to be intriguing & also because of the fact they are so misunderstood. I've always had a soft spot for the 'under dog' so to speak. Also not that it's at the top of my list but I find the APBT to be one of the most beautiful breeds.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Staffordshire Bull Terrier-i wanted a sbt for size, being i live in a townhouse so a big dog is a no no. Sbt standard is 38lbs on the top and 15-16in in height. I have 3 daughters so temperment and durability is a MUST!! I am very active and on the move so i needed a strong athletic dog that could endure a wide variety of things. I cant weight compete any more and the sbt fit the bodybuilder build. Super intelligent and relentless drive. Alot of people have far more apbt, not so true with a sbt. I like being the owner of a breed that others proove how ignorant they are to different breed types

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like all dogs. We have 2 Classic AM Bullies. Got the first one by chance, I mentioned to someone that I wanted a dog (I'd had 9 before that, all gotten randomly, mostly found as strays and from people that gave them up), he knew someone with a liter of pups, I took a male because he was cute and more independent than his liter-mates ( a bit of a mistake). I thought he was a pit bull, Had no idea of the distinctions, but I've gotten educated since, and love the breed. We liked him so much, we got another.
As u know classics are as close to APBT's as a bully can be...but blockier heads, a bit heavier built ( male is 19"/65lbs) ( personally I prefer their look to the lighter apbt's), athletic but requiring a bit less exercise than apbt's...which is good for my lifestyle. Friendly, intelligent, eager to please, great companions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts