Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl is about 8 months old, and she whines way to much in her crate. is there anything i can do to stop her from being so whiny. thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Have you made sure there is no underlying issue like she needs a drink or bathroom break ect? if all that is fine she may just be board give her something to chew and keep her busy ,kongs stuffed with diff stuff and frozen works great. You can switch up stuff in it so she doesnt get board, hamburger, peanutbutter, yogurt, cheese, treats, whatever you can think of then freeze it so it lasts longer. Big raw bones are great as well , make sure she is comfy if she doesnt eat bedding could offer her a soft blanket .make it nice for her and never a bad thing. Sounds like she is bored to me and another thing you want to make sure is she is getting enough exercise when out. flirt pole, spring poles are great for wearing out that extra pent up energy. long walks/ runs, bike rides whatever just wear her out. { at this age I wouldnt go over board with running but can work up to it as she ages a bit more. as well as the spring pole make sure she isnt having to jump and hang at this age dont need her pulling anything.}

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
If you've eliminated all of angel's suggestions and you're sure she's ok in there, I'd just ignore her completely. Even telling her to be quiet or trying to comfort her is attention so if you just ignore her she should settle down.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
My boy whines in his crate but I put on the radio and TV and he would not, not sure of the voices or music soothed him, but it worked for me. See if you can put a radio on by the crate, might help out somewhat.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
^^^ all :goodpost: above

·
Registered
84 Posts
damn! I typed a huge response but since I didnt post it right away it expired! Not cool. lol.

So anyways basically I was saying that it could definitely be a exercise thing, or a underlying problem like 'angelbaby' was talking about. I had a female who had a crying issue whenever she was crated. I found out she had anxiety issues and I had to work with her in small time increments to get her used to the crate. Worked out in the end but takes time and patience.

I also was saying that if you look up crate training on YouTube, you will find videos of instruction that can point you in the right direction if its not an underlying issue. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts