Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you characterize us, the fanciers of the APBT? I would like to think of us as salt of the earth type people, certainly not stuffed shirt, pinky in the air types:) I think most of us come from lower to middle class backgrounds who don't mind getting our hands dirty and thrive on the controversy surrounding our breed, in a good way of course;) We are a devoted, independent motley crew....we possess the very essence of our beloved breed, with a fight or die mentality...we are pit bulls!!! What else would draw us to the top dogs on the planet? Pardon my philosophical bumblings tonight, it's probably the beer talking;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
How would you characterize us, the fanciers of the APBT? I would like to think of us as salt of the earth type people, certainly not stuffed shirt, pinky in the air types:) I think most of us come from lower to middle class backgrounds who don't mind getting our hands dirty and thrive on the controversy surrounding our breed, in a good way of course;) We are a devoted, independent motley crew....we possess the very essence of our beloved breed, with a fight or die mentality...we are pit bulls!!! What else would draw us to the top dogs on the planet? Pardon my philosophical bumblings tonight, it's probably the beer talking;)
I can relate:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
We are the warriors.
We go head on to fight for a breed who can't fight for itself, with shields, swords, our lives, and knowledge. :)
Those who seek out our victims to help are the hunters, BSL is our opponent, and the helpful ones who keep down the fights and speak sense into the ignorant are the medicine givers.
Now...drink your water lol *gives*

·
Registered
859 Posts
STRONG!!! LOL I think we can all agree with that the only reason Y I have muscle lol dealing with Pitties my entire life has made me strong :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I think we are mostly the underdogs in our everyday lives you are right we are very much like the breed itself. We live to fight the good fight or we die trying.

BTW I can be snobby to get along with those people and I can be backwoods person so I get along with them too. I'm flexiable. I fit in with most cultures and classes.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I am an apbt I won't always start the fight but sometimes I like to but nevertheless I can finish it... If I'm on my last breath the other guy will be done first...

I came from the streets of Vegas and LA and I have fought for everything in my life... I live life moving forward never looking back and whether someone is there with me or not it's ok because even though I want others in my life I NEED no one... I can stand alone...

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
And yes I'm always the underdog that others should put their money on... Cause I always win...

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I totally feel you guys. I've always been the misunderstood underdog, so to speak, in my profession. I constantly had to fight hard and prove myself over and over but I still stand here every day and do what I love and put my all in it. Being a young woman in the tattoo industry has been anything but easy. Most look at you like you have no clue or can't do as well as the others.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I know kg, I run an auto body collision center... Talk about a woman in a mans world lol... Yep I get that old man everyday that thinks there is no way I know anything about cars...

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh man I hate that :poop:. I've had people walk into my shop and ask me if the artist was there. I'm like "Your looking at the owner and senior artist" talk about shocked faces lol.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh yeah I have had guys in big decked out trucks comein and ask for a manager and I walk ou and they are like no really someone who knows something about my truck... I'm like dude I drive the f350 over there and the mods I did myself what do you need? I get the jaw hitting the floor face daily lol

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
LOLL I know how you feel, it's pretty funny sometimes :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I am a very opinionated person. I say what I feel and think about it later this has a tendency to get me in trouble but I don’t care I see no reason to keep my feelings to myself and usually when it pertains to work in the end my ideas are the ones that get implemented. I make my boss look stupid all the time he is stupid maybe he should work a little harder and learn something. I am a very strong minded person too and I don’t need anyone in my life I would like to have more friends but most can not handle my attitude which is a lot like a APBT. If I see injustice I will fight with my dying breath for truth and justice.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
You always hit the nail right on the head, (beer or none) I enjoy reading your posts!

Here's how I would 'generally' characterize most pitbull owners:

Ability to have one's own agenda opposed to falling into media trends...

Above Average with
an acquired taste.

Deceptively stronger than most.

Quick to be misjudged.

Tired of irrational thinkers

Wants to make a difference

Unique

I totally feel you guys. I've always been the misunderstood underdog, so to speak, in my profession. I constantly had to fight hard and prove myself over and over but I still stand here every day and do what I love and put my all in it. Being a young woman in the tattoo industry has been anything but easy. Most look at you like you have no clue or can't do as well as the others.
Believe me I know what you mean... Any male dominated environment is ridiculous, that act like prehistoric Apes with something to prove. Men like that need a good crack in the face :D

·
parasite killer
518 Posts
I am all Pit Bull. Jay calls me that all of the time. I totally agree with the op, and mikado. I am liked because of my honesy. I would rather you hate me for telling the truth then like me for lying. My mother says she asks my opinion because I will be brutaly honest. Some people cannot deal with honesty. I am very assertive, and for a while I struggled knowing that, I was unsure if it was a strength or a weakness. Now I don't care, it is what it is. I try to be gentle, but thats not always possible. I'm not out to hurt people, but I am not here to cushion life or anything else. I hate that I have to live in reality, when so many others seem to live in the clouds. This is one main reason that I cannot handle too many friends. I have one friend. LOL by choice. I cannot deal with people that are always "oh woe is me...", because I do not need people.

People, coworkers, random people tell me things. I am someone people just trust, so they talk to me, tell me things. I am not these peoples friend, but they tell me. Its kinda weird. YOu have no idea how many abortions people I barely know have told me about. I have never had and abortion.

I am a lot of things. I'm the oldest of 3, I just naturally take care of those I feel deserve it, or are the underdog. I feel like I am strong so I fight for anyone that needs it, but I feel like no one fights for me. Then I remember I am strong, and I will be ok and I dont need anyone to fight for me. I got it. I try to empower others as well. I would love to be a counselor, so I am able to help more people.

Sharon-I knew I like you for a reason. ;)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
You know as I read thru this, all of this applies to the people of the bulldog world I have met and being owned by pit bulls pretty much my whole life, I feel coming from my background and being raised by a Marine father, I am very much like the breed, I too am the oldest of three girls, no less, lol. I am a Leo, very apssionate, but I am quick to be hard headed and flare at you, but I am a strong person, I don't need anyone but I love to have people around, I am a social person, not sure why cause I do not like most people, would rather be with my dogs, lol. I fight for the underdog, ask my sisters they can tell you, lol, and several of my friends from high school. I do have a lot of friends that are girls, well not a lot, not sure what constitutes a lot, but I can count my really good girl friends on one hand in all my 34 years.

Lacy you sound a lot like me, I too am honest and have struggled for years with being so brutally honest, cause people hated me for it, but I finally figured out that, hey if you don't want to hear it then don't ask or tell me something, cause I will tell you what I think, lol. Most of the people I hang out with know this by know and know not to do this, we are just like our dogs, loyal, tenacious, loving.

Mkay, I'm done, lol

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Check out dogsbite.org. Didn't you know they had us all pegged?! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts