Go Pitbull Forums banner

Who has the oldest APBT on the forum?

12K views 47 replies 24 participants last post by  ames 
#1 ·
Just curious to see that with all the good advice and nutritional expertise on this site if there are any dogs driving the average life expectancy up. Plus I'm hoping that my next pup will live forever and want to see who his competition will be;)

#2 ·
I think it is Patch-o Pits. I'm pretty sure that Bodacious is like 11yrs old.

My Mikado only lived to be 6yrs old. He had a heart condition that was diagnoised when he was 6mos and the vet told me I would be lucky to have for 2-3yrs. I ended up loosing my boy to kidney failure a year after he was diagnoised with that condition. I had him on a good herbal tea remedy that I'm sure gave him that last 6mos.

#5 · (Edited)
I think it is Patch-o Pits. I'm pretty sure that Bodacious is like 11yrs old.

My Mikado only lived to be 6yrs old. He had a heart condition that was diagnoised when he was 6mos and the vet told me I would be lucky to have for 2-3yrs. I ended up loosing my boy to kidney failure a year after he was diagnoised with that condition. I had him on a good herbal tea remedy that I'm sure gave him that last 6mos.
I think its Patch to, but I am pretty sure Bodacious is not that old, but Patcheeno is pretty far up there in age 11-12yrs

#3 ·
I hope that Kangol, Camo, Koby, and Tucker all live to be as old as this Elderbull named Sarge. He is 15.5 years old! I'm sure you have seen him on the TODAY show; he is a model pit!

Koby is my oldest and he is going on 9 but still acts like a spry young dog; although, he has become much more lazy in his older years :roll:

#7 ·
Yes, I do believe Patcheeno is much older than Bodacious is... Patrice, can you please verify for us!? I love all the Patch 'O Pits dogs... Especially Patcheeno! He's such a handsome guy!

#8 ·
My Morgan is 14 years and 4 months old. Game bred dog. I have a new little half bully style dog now and am concerned about longevity myself. She's got King Lion as a grandfather and mom's all high end duel registered Staff's it looks like. Seems the bully's on the Dad side don't live as long as I'm used to. Got her because we just lost our 12.5 year old.
I believe getting them fixed, working them out(flirt pole, long walks and and swimming). NO table scraps!!!! Feed Canidae dog food. Make them an active part of your family!!!! Watch behavior and take to the vet when it changes. Pitbulls can take alot and you may not know somethings wrong until the last minute.

#9 ·
This is a fantastic thread! I can't compete since my eldest is 7 now.

To settle who's older for Patch's dogs... Patcheeno is Bodacious's father

#22 ·
This is a fantastic thread! I can't compete since my eldest is 7 now.

To settle who's older for Patch's dogs... Patcheeno is Bodacious's father
I've never had anyone say one of my threads was fantastic! Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead:) I was hoping that it could have been a contest, with the winner getting many hugs/kisses from its owner and accolades from the board members. A free supply of joint medicine would be the icing on the cake LOL!

#16 ·
OMG Holly you put Xena if your SIG! TOO CUTE I need to tell her she is already famous!

Average life span seems to be around 12-14 years on this breed and that is from personal experience. I have had some that were 16 years old when they passed and my most recent was 12 years. Tasha is alive a kicking, looking like a teenager at 11 years old. I think she will make it to well over 13 to 14 if she keeps looking this great. If cancer doesn't get them they can live a long time since they are a medium sized breed.
Vixen is also 10 years old and competing in agility and still winning her class over border collies, she looks and acts like a 5 year old dog.

The most important things to consider in extending life is a good diet (doesn't have to be the most expensive I feed Kirkland from costco), keep them in good shape and weight down and I prefer the slimmer dog, and exercise is a main component. Not more than they can handle even Vixen has slowed down but lean and in shape helps a lot. also regular vet visits when they reach an older age along with yearly blood work to identify any problems early on.
I love having so many dogs but I got many of them when they were young and about the same age.
I have
1- 11yr old
1- 10 yr old
3- 8 yr olds
2-5 yrs olds
4-4 year olds
and the rest under 3 yrs of age

it is sad when they age together but our dogs tend to live a long time. I did lose a few at an early age to cancer and seizures but nothing you can do about that.

#21 ·
OMG Holly you put Xena if your SIG! TOO CUTE I need to tell her she is already famous!

Average life span seems to be around 12-14 years on this breed and that is from personal experience. I have had some that were 16 years old when they passed and my most recent was 12 years. Tasha is alive a kicking, looking like a teenager at 11 years old. I think she will make it to well over 13 to 14 if she keeps looking this great. If cancer doesn't get them they can live a long time since they are a medium sized breed.
Vixen is also 10 years old and competing in agility and still winning her class over border collies, she looks and acts like a 5 year old dog.

The most important things to consider in extending life is a good diet (doesn't have to be the most expensive I feed Kirkland from costco), keep them in good shape and weight down and I prefer the slimmer dog, and exercise is a main component. Not more than they can handle even Vixen has slowed down but lean and in shape helps a lot. also regular vet visits when they reach an older age along with yearly blood work to identify any problems early on.
I love having so many dogs but I got many of them when they were young and about the same age.
I have
1- 11yr old
1- 10 yr old
3- 8 yr olds
2-5 yrs olds
4-4 year olds
and the rest under 3 yrs of age

it is sad when they age together but our dogs tend to live a long time. I did lose a few at an early age to cancer and seizures but nothing you can do about that.
Well, first I'm glad that someone finally responded to my thread, I thought I might have asked a dumb question (it's been known to happen). Second, I am glad and scared at the same time because I'm worried that I will get another pup, who I'm getting more and more ready for emotionally, only to have him pass away at a very young age. I wouldn't handle that too well:( However, I'm very happy to see that my Cuda lived 14.5 years (died on New Years Eve :() and my Jack lived 13 years (died actually two days before his 13th B-Day :(). They were both fed vet recommended crap food their whole life, I wish I knew that and I hate it! No one could match me on the most important factor though, and that was love:) By the way, cancer and seizures took my babies.

#27 ·
We have a 16 year old Australian shepherd here at my mom's lol. He has lived his life on a diet of kibbles n bits and gravy train, went to the vet for the first time in a decade about 3 years ago, and my stepdad had started feeding him those treats that look like t bones with a pic of an EB on the bag, as food lol. I now feed him Verus with my dogs, groom him and give him supplements, and I swear he looks like he will live another 5 years lol.

#32 ·
Well Lisa has me beet my oldest dog is Diesel, He is kind of a pitbull he is eddington carver mix. But he is old happy and in pretty good shape. But a cranky old man at times too.

#43 ·
although mine are still young my brother has a lil apbt female who is going on 16 this year. I will have to try and get a pic of her.

#45 ·
awww totally try and get one :) I think that's the oldest on this thread? (thanks to the troll for reviving it, lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.