Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if it's popular in this section.

My older boy Bentley has his and pup female pup is currently going through training for hers.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Nice job! My boy does not have his. We never went for it because when we would study and I checked out the requirements you have to pass a dog and meet someone shake hands and not react. My boy would fail :( lol He has about a five foot radius where he is comfortable around other dogs. That's closer than he can muster. He is six and I won't say I have given up but I do respect his boundaries and have hit a wall trying to break past that. It's not fun for him and it's not fun for me. I respect his wishes and know he wouldn't pass. I still work with him but I don't have that goal anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I haven't done so with my male for the same reason as Ames... although I believe the test is slightly different here in Canada, there is also a meeting with another dog handler, and my boy wouldn't be able to be that close safely. I definitely plan on it with my female pup. My trainer does a course to prepare for it and we'll be doing so in the spring :)

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
As well my Gramma dog is..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maggie has her CGC. I'm working on it with Bizmark -- he can do everything on the test except walk with a consistently loose leash. He's getting consistently better on leash, so I anticipate him being ready for the test within this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts