Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should the reporters continue to follow the leads and stories about pit bulls "attacks" and owners doing things to make them "better to fight"...
Should anybody with any breed of bulldog be able to stand and speak out about their life that doesnt include any of the negativity and most definately not for fighting?

The story here is rarely about the dogs themselves, but should always most definately be about the OWNERS!
I moved this to start in a new thread so it can stay on topic.. VOTE FOR MY PETITION!!! :)
last night as I was frustrated at a few of the responses,,, now realizing that I dont need to nor will I get the response and approval of everyone. But that is in every aspect of life. I appreciate all the support I did get and I do appreciate the difference of views. Proof you say,,, as I was typing a response being criticized for my ability to speak out on the breeds behalf I took a sorta hard to see video (was dark) on what was going on at that moment. It speaks for itself on so many levels if you know what youre seeing.

the proof is in every video shown where they are being awesome.. thats proof

Id love to see others' videos or pics that involve the kindness this breed has to offer, REGARDLESS what it does with its "personal time"

I will use whatever published means to promote what I know and love. I would hate for the MEDIA to stay biased against something because of what the MEDIA is.. Ratings are ratings and If more people comment on the segment because of their positive opinions on what the topic is it may grow. Keep your underground stuff there, and bring out the best to show the world the difference every ignorant person with an open mind learns about the breed.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
The media manipulates the way people think........ If they portray the APBT in a postive light meaning .. that the formula those old dog men came up with made a sound bulldog that like a proffessional boxer only let go in the []; things changed over time do to perception.. When the media portrayed the APBT game dog in a positive light it was highlighted in the "lil rascals" 1940s sitcom ..

AFter WWII .. the spin had begin.. RIN TIN TIN propaganda started.. Anti Pit Bull attitudes had begun and hard core.. Before then criminals had the HA over driven Rotties and GSDs, now the police do.. The POLICE PROMOTED THE APBT GAMEDOG BEFORE WWII.. ALong with all other sources of media, and office holders including both Roosevelts ..

If the media told the story as it goes from the late Mr. Lou Colby, and other Old timers who have contributed a lifes legacy to the APBT, rather than telling stories of back yard rolls with gambling and drugs; thats not the way was even if that element comes around thats not it.. NY rules were refined English rules and the Cajun rules refined NY rules; designed the best dogs on the map. People should here the truth.. Because its no worse than a rodeo or the days in and out of a rancher. That being said the strongest point they could make is how the dogs were more sound when the majority were [] dogs and fighters with w's that during this time the APBT was Americas hero and the Nanny dog. People need to see how they correlate, the dogs are proven sound as well as proven game. Some people are afraid to tell the true story of the APBT.. why? all the worse scenerio and scenes have been painted and pictured for people over the last almost 40 years now. Lets see the REAL TRUTH.. The Nanny Dog.............

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preach Reverend....

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Video did not work for me :( The media is a pit bulls biggest ENEMY and they are the worst offenders when instilling into the average persons mind that this breed is a man eater! People believe the hype and then have there negative attitude toward this devoted breed as a result of media feeding.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
No video for me either. It's hard to know who should and should not represent especially since some people still believe their dog is special and would never hurt any animal because they were "trained" and "socialized" early. Just because they have been lucky they feel they could be the norm instead of luck. It's a fine line between knowledge and how it's portrayed. I agree the media is ome of the worst enemies.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
The problem with the media s ucks. But who gave the media the power to print these stories? We did!! I think there comes a time when dog owners need to start pointing the fingers at themselves instead of everywhere else. I do not support what the media is doing to our breed but I know that they didn't just up and pick the APBT. No their are PLENTY of crappy breeders and Owners who gave them all the fuel to run on. The breeds worst enemy is not the media it's the POS back yard breeders and piss poor owners who are buying these dogs for vanity sake without educating themselves on the breeds history first. It's the regular owners buying these dogs as pets without any clue as to what these dogs were bred for. I think WE are our biggest enemy when it comes to these dogs. We as the people are responsible for the state the breed is in NOT the media. The media didn't put a gun to our heads and force us to buy an APBT and take it to the dog park off the leash so it could kill someones innocent pet. The media didn't point a gun to our heads and say disregard dog men when they said never trust these dogs not to fight .. No we did that not the media. The truth always hurts when we have to look at ourselves in the mirror.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
The problem with the media s ucks. But who gave the media the power to print these stories? We did!! I think there comes a time when dog owners need to start pointing the fingers at themselves instead of everywhere else. I do not support what the media is doing to our breed but I know that they didn't just up and pick the APBT. No their are PLENTY of crappy breeders and Owners who gave them all the fuel to run on. The breeds worst enemy is not the media it's the POS back yard breeders and piss poor owners who are buying these dogs for vanity sake without educating themselves on the breeds history first. It's the regular owners buying these dogs as pets without any clue as to what these dogs were bred for. I think WE are our biggest enemy when it comes to these dogs. We as the people are responsible for the state the breed is in NOT the media. The media didn't put a gun to our heads and force us to buy an APBT and take it to the dog park off the leash so it could kill someones innocent pet. The media didn't point a gun to our heads and say disregard dog men when they said never trust these dogs not to fight .. No we did that not the media. The truth always hurts when we have to look at ourselves in the mirror.
:goodpost: Yes, I agree....I wasn't thinking of it that way I was only thinking "media" and how it does ruin the breed but it does start with the owners first and foremost as well as the BYB's.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are so many different responses to answer why it needs to be done, in certain areas.

Im sure there are those out there that still test their dogs. Im sure those people do not want Media attention. But there is a need in other sub-cultures to promote the Truth.
I absolutely believe that 90% of people should not own this breed. There are so many different levels to these dogs that most couldnt handle them. Period. But ..but .. there are those of us that can. Just because I choose to own a dog that was bred for the [] for hundreds of years and join a society because I enjoy traveling and living life, doesnt mean I have to use the dog for the []. I have studied Martial Arts for 20+ years and I was in the Marine Corps,err, and would never think of doing MMA. Just not my tea. On the flipside I can say I enjoy knowing I could handle most any situation life could throw. Just because I dont like to fight doesnt mean I wont to protect mine or those that cant themselves. I have seen this in my dogs a number of times. They truley are very similar to me in lots of ways. I grew up on a lil island in Japan until I was 14, studied karate like yall did daycare, but grew up around Shiba Inu's as a kid. When we moved to the states I graduated high school and joined the Corps. I met a Staff Seargant that really clicked with me and we talked dogs. Eventually I met his dogs and it changed my life forever. I have spent a decade researching, studying, talking, arguing ethics, and listening to the voices of the breed. And I look forward to learning all the rest over more decades. I have spoken with some of the most respected dogmen of today, to hear the opinions of the ones that have had these dogs for 50+ years, since before the 80's, 70's... further
I absolutely know and respect where the breed started and why. I have no stutter when talking about it. The fact is the law about []ing dogs will not change in any of our lifetimes so if you want to keep proven dogs, legally, keep out of country.
But I speak here today knowing full well that I own a true APBT, game bred, that has no desire to pick a fight, but I promise is no cur... and our lifestyle is Majestic at the least. I have shared pics here and yall know enough about me to judge character, but this is what I like to do. I speak TRUTH to the unknowing public. The nanny dog... always loved it. No denying it. With the proper responsible owner behind it, this is one of the best dogs on the planet.
I love watching people react and interact with my dogs. I cant go around the corner without someone talking to me about them. I love the HayBail rides they give the kids of the neighborhood. And my 3 girls get the most fun out of them. The baby isnt far behing :)
Truth is my "story" sells, and when the Mass Media can get "stories" of the TRUTH, responsible ownership of these dogs produces amazing creatures. Its the irresponsible and negative, abusive, inhumane owners that has drug the name Pit Bull through the dirt. I want to be able to have a pitbull in Denver, and San Diego.. oh and all these places too

Sioux City, IA- Pit bulls ban ordinance passed on September 15, 2008

Livingston County, Michigan- All "bully breeds" (American Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls, and American Bull Dogs), banned 2008

Delta, Utah- banned

Independence, Missouri- banned 2006

Overland Park, Kansas- banned

Springville, Utah- banned

Miami-Dade County, Florida- Section 5 Code 17: "It is illegal in Miami-Dade County to own any dog which substantially conforms to a Pit Bull breed dog, unless it was specially registered with Miami-Dade County prior to 1989. Acquisition or keeping of a Pit Bull dog: $500.00 fine and County Court action to force the removal of the animal from Miami-Dade County.", banned 1989.

Council Bluffs, Iowa- banned 2004.

Royal City, Washington- banned 2007

Denver, Colorado- First banned in 1980s, but later revoked, new ban began 2005

Prince George's County, Maryland- banned 1996

Springfield, Missouri- banned 2006

Oklahoma- ban proposed in 2005

Shelbyville, Tennessee- ban proposed in 2006

Aurora, Colorado- ban proposed in 2005

Youngstown, Ohio- due to the illegal dog fighting banned in 1999

Enumclaw, Washington- banned

Garfield Heights, Ohio- 60 days in jail and or $1,000 fine if owner does not comply with city law. banned in 2007

Sparta, Tennessee- banned

Melvindale, Michigan- $100.00 fine or 30 days in jail. banned in 1990

Union County, Kentucky- It is illegal to breed "pit bulls" and anyone who owns a "pit bull" inside county lines must register it as a vicious animal with the county clerks office. Owners must also have them fixed. And if owners keep pets outdoors they have to be kept in a Kennel with a concrete floor and on a chain. ownership limitations, 2008.

Wheeling, West Virginia- Pit Bull Owners must register their dog. Must have liability insurance to own a Pit Bull. Must also have a 6 foot high fence to allow dog in yard without leash. When walking your dog you must have a muzzle on it as well as a leash no longer than 6 feet. ownership limitations 2006

I would rather not wait until it becomes a bigger problem, and this is just one of the topics I love to advance towards the possibility of a change in regulations. WE THE PEOPLE can change what the regulations are if we stand together.

I can totally understand and respect why those that keep, and keep producing, "proven" dogs dont want anyone else to have them, but even old people drive benz's :) :hammer:

Night!

Reactions: Xiahko

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that stinks.. it wont convert the Iphone video in youtube..

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I made a video that represents the positive and negative (mostly positive) in the breed. Still needs a little more work.
Ugh.....Figures Stupid Google removed the audio track.*rages*

So here is one my friend made.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
media smedia. ill have w/e dog i want, period. cant believe some of the men on this forum worry about ban laws. its called guns, a man crosses your line then handle it.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are not talking about men crossing your property line.
We are talking about laws being made, legal police enforced laws, and I am pretty sure you dont go shooting cops because theyre on your property:rofl:
I worry about where I can go with my dogs and when the law will come here,
thanks

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
oh, i think this was the wrong thread. i thought this was the one where the spca or w/e came onto some ones land posing like they had authority and killed like 50+ dogs

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I know what thread youre talking about :)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
so you get what im sayin. people will kill a dog for being a cur but when its the humans turn they run.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
so you get what im sayin. people will kill a dog for being a cur but when its the humans turn they run.
i think your still on the wrong thread... if a dogs a cur or a man biter no ones running the dog would be culled... unless the owners a byb or doesnt know how to handle their dog.

@heavy i really dont think that pitbulls are going anywhere in san diego the closer you are to the coast around here the more relaxed people are. fh has said it quiet a bit in threads like this the government whether local state or federal wants to infringe on our freedoms i wish a 45 could solve my problems like zohawn thinks it would but that stuff doesnt fly anywhere unless cops are on your payroll, and frankley i dont think any of us can afford to put a whole precinct on payroll . i think owning any animal falls under my 9th amendment rights.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
they say senate and house of reps can take our rights away because we voted for them but to be honest it should be left to the citizens to vote on things that truely concern us and could potentially put us in jail or jeopardize our property. also majority rule, minority right. imma keep saying its my 9th amendment right to own any dog i darn well want. if more people had the hutsva to stand up for themselves this kinda :poop: wouldnt be a problem but nope every one sits by and lets it happen so they think its ok to step on us and take our rights. it can take 2 seconds to take our rights if we sit there and let it happen then the gov thinks they can do what they want with out resistance so they start taking more rights real fast but it takes years upon years to get our rights back. its crazy how fast something can happen and how long it can take to dig ourselves outta that hole

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
im talking about standing your ground and not letting people kill a family member.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stoner.. fabulous post..
Thats the kind of thinking that got our country founded and what keeps it running! I would love to hip carry my concealed 40, but the days of that and the APBT dwindle in our eyes.

Zohawn.. really do think youre STILL on the wrond thread :)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
im talking about standing your ground and not letting people kill a family member.
dude not so sure your on the same page as this thread. you can say you'd give your life for your dog but i think few people actually would...

@heavy thats why we as citizens have to put our governments in check starting with city council, then county, then state, ect. bsl is a city/county thing and its the perfect place to flex our rights and make it know, but once bsl is in place its hell and a half to reverse it because of uneducated mayors commissioners city council members and citizens

1 - 20 of 20 Posts