Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been digging A LOT since I've joined I mean about 6 hours a night into what makes a bully a bully and the differences between bullies and apbt.... What I've come to find is a bunch of nonsense from both sides. People trash talking each others dogs BC one isn't bully enough or the other feels insulted that people mis label a bully as an apbt. Why do people get so heated over this? I think that the apbt is an amazing dog with tons of function and other qualities I think are great. Also on the bully side ( no not these extreme and bowlegged creatures but nice classic hell I'm not even a big fan of the pockets BC most of them seem fat spare a few nice ones) bullies seem to make great companions and yeah they are a but more showy but why the hate from apbt owners? It seems like people are putting a lot of attitude and rude remarks out there about the others dogs when truth be told they're both equally impressive in there own regard. I just hope that I don't run into this BC I will be going the bully route and it is BC I personally like the look more ( again no extremes or fattys!) But from the shows I've seen I like the atmosphere and brothership. I guess I'm just wondering why are we getting so hurt over our dogs? One mans garbage is another mans treasure no need to s*** on it even more just to make yourself feel better.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
The forum is diverse, throwing together show, bully,.bulldog,.bandog, other breeds or mutts, working,.performance groups.all under same place you will end up with heated discussions most of which provide excellent source of content for those interested .in obtaining knowledge.

I won't comment on the rest.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Some like looks, some like function. If anything the forum is padded for bully folks. Bully hate will get u banned faster than u can say banned. We don't allow anyone to talk smack about anyones personal dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
This site is filled with people with many varying opinions. When there are contrasting opinions it is not often that people will agree to disagree.

That's a short and simple answer.

There is also a great deal of strong correction for people who come on here running their mouths, acting the fool, because it is people like that who damage the reputation of the breed. (No matter what dog they have)

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't really seen it on this forum nearly everything I've read here is very informative its just been irritating lol to be looking around and having to try and sift through peoples issues lol. That's why I love this forums everyone has been very helpful.

·
1,859 Posts
Have you never been on any other sort of forum? Just because we like the same type of critter doesn't mean we are going to be taking long showers together.

·
Banned
128 Posts
What I've come to find is a bunch of nonsense from both sides.
Best comment on the subject I've heard in a long time.
Honestly I think you will like yourself and your dogs more in the future if you just stay away from bullies. Get a nice APBT or Am Staf or Staffy Bull and become involved.

Only then will you understand how harmful the bully thing is in so many ways. That's how I see it anyway.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Honestly I think you will like yourself and your dogs more in the future if you just stay away from bullies. Get a nice APBT or Am Staf or Staffy Bull and become involved.

Only then will you understand how harmful the bully thing is in so many ways. That's how I see it anyway.
Oh do tell. How is a well bred bully harmful...

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts

What's a staffy bull?

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Its harmful when rhe owners and hreeders mislabel the designer breed as the real breed(apbt). Wheb sun1 says pit bull and bif sloppy blue thing usually comes to mind. Thats extremely detrimental to the apbt.
We aren't talking about mislabeling here. As a bully owner or irritates me as well to hear bullies referred to as apbt. But that's not what was said.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
We aren't talking about mislabeling here. As a bully owner or irritates me as well to hear bullies referred to as apbt. But that's not what was said.
Well since the original poster(who said bullies are harmful) left it open for interpretation I gave my opinion on how its detrimental....... so yes indeed mislabeling did come into play and is the most detrimental tjing to thw once noble breed the apbt

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Well since the original poster(who said bullies are harmful) left it open for interpretation I gave my opinion on how its detrimental....... so yes indeed mislabeling did come into play and is the most detrimental tjing to thw once noble breed the apbt
Well let's put it in context. According to this person we should stay away from bullies because they are detrimental to the other bull breeds. And in your interpretation that's because of mislabeling. But not all bullies are mislabeled. This is why generalizing is so dangerous. Not all apbt are baby killing machines as the bsl lobbyists would have is all believe and not all bullies are poorly bred garbage mislabeled as apbt.

Reactions: ames

·
Banned
128 Posts
Well since the original poster(who said bullies are harmful) left it open for interpretation I gave my opinion on how its detrimental.......
Actually, I said, the bully "thing" was harmful....not just the dogs themselves...the whole "movement" is probably a better word -- it's more than just the dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Actually, I said, the bully "thing" was harmful....not just the dogs themselves...the whole "movement" is probably a better word -- it's more than just the dogs.
Think it's possibly for the AmBully movement to be salvaged. But that would require the money hungry garbage breeding byb's be removed from the equation. But I think the same is true for APBTs and AmStaffs. There are a lot of dogs out there being sold as all 3 breeds that are as close to the breed as a Labrador.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Well let's put it in context. According to this person we should stay away from bullies because they are detrimental to the other bull breeds. And in your interpretation that's because of mislabeling. But not all bullies are mislabeled. This is why generalizing is so dangerous. Not all apbt are baby killing machines as the bsl lobbyists would have is all believe and not all bullies are poorly bred garbage mislabeled as apbt.
Unlike pit bulls killing babies bullies were created by a puppy peddling byb. They came from dogs that were just thrown together. Has that changed over the years? Maybe in somes eyes. In others it hasn't.

Im not ball busting but look at it like this: u told me throwing 2 breeds of different dogs together only makes mutts. What dave wilson do? Supposedly threw 2 different breeds of dogs together and call them bullies. He massed produced and peddled them all over as apbt. Then made up his own registry to register them. So would I have my own breed if I did that? U told me id have mutts. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander....

Like I said earlier if u do stuff with ur dogs im ur biggets fan if theyre just sitting there waiting to be bred based on pedigree(as mist bullies are) im not a fan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts