Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about conformation but it seems like a lot of nice looking APBTs have a slight curve to their backs - regardless if they are stacking or extended. I always thought that a flat topline is desirable for most breeds outside of very exaggerated ones like sighthounds. Is this as common a trait as it seems to me? Is this something breeders look for?

Random pics from the internet; I don't know any of these dogs:

·
Banned
8 Posts
I don't know much about conformation but it seems like a lot of nice looking APBTs have a slight curve to their backs - regardless if they are stacking or extended. I always thought that a flat topline is desirable for most breeds outside of very exaggerated ones like sighthounds. Is this as common a trait as it seems to me? Is this something breeders look for?

Random pics from the internet; I don't know any of these dogs:

In the 19th century, I believe, whippets we’re crossed into the original bulldog and various terriers in Walsall, Staffordshire. Historically there were 3 different types of staffordshire terriers, the bulldog type, Walsall Type, and the Cradley Heat type.

·
Banned
8 Posts
In the 19th century, I believe, whippets we’re crossed into the original bulldog and various terriers in Walsall, Staffordshire. Historically there were 3 different types of staffordshire terriers, the bulldog type, Walsall Type, and the Cradley Heat type.
Whippets and greyhounds have an extremely high oxygen assimilation, which allows the dog to have a high level of endurance. “Roach back” is what the curvature to the spine is referred to as. The Roach back is an ADBA(American Dog Breeders Association) breed standard for the American Pitbull Terrier. Most Game bred pit bulls are registered ADBA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts