Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
No how do I get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were the parents registered? If not, you can't. And if you don't have a pedigree, or know your dog's lineage, then he likely is not purebred and probably not a Pit Bull.

·
Registered
39 Posts
there is a blue pit as in blue coat color, not bluenose pit as in nose color. In other words, APBT is a breed and blue & white is a coat color. Just like chocolate Labrador, not chocolate nose Labrador.
^^Good example.
I have a Labrador Retriever and she is considered a "black lab" however that is her color not her breed. If I was to show she isn't considered a black lab in a class, she is considered a Labrador Retriever.
I also have an American Pit Bull Terrier that is the color red (or tan). And same thing she is red in color, but that is not her breed. I do not have a "red nose" Pit bull. I have an American Pit Bull Terrier.
So I have a black dog and a red dog, but they are only considered what their breeds are.
The Bully and American Staffordshire Terriers have more blue lines so it is also likely it is mixed with one of those breeds along the way. A blue APBT isn't a normal coloring of the true breed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is entirely unclear what you're referring to then. What brown dogs? Are you talking about seal colored dogs?

Also, British shorthair is a cat breed...

Blue in amstaffs is absolutely a dilute of black.

Dog Coat Colour Genetics
No, blue amstaffs are brown with a grey tint. You obviously have not seen blue amstaffs in real life and you may want to consider not arguing unless you have some experience. Copy/pasting theory from random blogs is not an argument.

This is a true color of a registered blue amstaff:
- Screenshot by Lightshot

This is why bloggers call this color diluted black (same dog):

This is the picture of the same dog and you can clearly see she is brown with a grey tint:

Talk to reputable breeders with AKC registered blue amstaffs and they will confirm. Maybe there are some charcoal grey amstaffs, but I have not seen a registered amstaff with a charcoal grey color, only mutts. I'm not claiming they don't exist, but I'm yet to see one.

These are blue pits, depending on lighting they look greyish (0:40) or completely brown (0:54).

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I honestly don't even know how to respond now. We've posted proof already, the link I gave you was from an accredited university, you're just choosing to be hardheaded and ignore it because of your own opinion. Notice how you haven't posted anything except photos of dogs that are all, I may add, BLUE, a dilution of black. What you're not grasping it that just because there are different shades of blue, some having some tan tints in the light, does not make them genetically brown. And I don't think you should be making any assumptions about what people "obviously" have or haven't seen. You're just embarrassing yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I honestly don't even know how to respond now. We've posted proof already, the link I gave you was from an accredited university, you're just choosing to be hardheaded and ignore it because of your own opinion. Notice how you haven't posted anything except photos of dogs that are all, I may add, BLUE, a dilution of black. What you're not grasping it that just because there are different shades of blue, some having some tan tints in the light, does not make them genetically brown. And I don't think you should be making any assumptions about what people "obviously" have or haven't seen. You're just embarrassing yourself.
And you're missing the point. Definition of blue in pitbulls is different from a generally acceptable definition of blue. You are the one who refuses to accept this fact based on some random online info that you found on some random blogs. Those are not tan tints, different shades of brown is the main color in all of those dogs. Blue is the tint. Go see real blue amstaffs with pedigree, then make claims. I'm done here.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Once again, I did not share a blog post, I shared information on genetics from an accredited university. You've still yet to share any proof of your point besides pictures that prove mine.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
And you're missing the point. Definition of blue in pitbulls is different from a generally acceptable definition of blue. You are the one who refuses to accept this fact based on some random online info that you found on some random blogs. Those are not tan tints, different shades of brown is the main color in all of those dogs. Blue is the tint. Go see real blue amstaffs with pedigree, then make claims. I'm done here.
No, absolutely not. Stop giving misinformation. The dilution blue is the same as every other dog breed who throws blue dogs. It's not a special pit bull blue. It's not random information it called genetics. Blue is a dilution of black in every dog breed not just the apbt. Brown has nothing to do with blue/black. Sorry you're done here but I couldn't let the misinformation stand.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
And you can't just say a dog is mixed because of its head shape. Bahahaha! The blue pup the person posted is a mutt. He has no pedigree and true APBTs are not blue. If they are, they are mixed with Amstaff somewhere. This person has an adorable puppy! Most likely it's an American bully cross.

Blue is the dilution of black
Blue fawn is the dilution of regular fawn

The darkness of the dog can vary greatly. Some dilute dogs are very light and others are dark. Still dilutes though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No, blue amstaffs are brown with a grey tint. You obviously have not seen blue amstaffs in real life and you may want to consider not arguing unless you have some experience. Copy/pasting theory from random blogs is not an argument.

This is a true color of a registered blue amstaff:

This is why bloggers call this color diluted black (same dog):

This is the picture of the same dog and you can clearly see she is brown with a grey tint:

Talk to reputable breeders with AKC registered blue amstaffs and they will confirm. Maybe there are some charcoal grey amstaffs, but I have not seen a registered amstaff with a charcoal grey color, only mutts. I'm not claiming they don't exist, but I'm yet to see one.

These are blue pits, depending on lighting they look greyish (0:40) or completely brown (0:54).
Mine has no brown tint at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Because his head is not the right shape and the eyes are set differently, the smile, his look (pits have that "hunter" look)... I can't explain it, but if somebody simply showed me a picture of him, I would have never thought he could be a pitbull.

This is what a pitbull puppy looks like:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh ok so mine is a blue pit? So then what is a bluenose

no it’s not a pitbull the word pitbull is just short for the word american pitbull terrier what you have or had is a mutt just a mix breed or bandog if you please

21 - 31 of 31 Posts