Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just own the male and female pit-bull in the last month. I have just adopt them from my near shelter, they are young, but some how adjust in my home. But now I am afraid, last day they are just stuck during mating. I don't have any experience of the dog mating. I have just search on internet, and found that it's a normal part of the dog's mating process. Let me know your thoughts about this process.

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
So many things here. It surprises me that the shelter let you have the dogs without the consent form of not breeding them and the promise neutering them. The question you ask is indicative of your inexperience and as you state, you have no experience. Hopefully the mating was not successful as it will just continue the cycle of dogs in the shelter.
Until the dogs are neutered and spayed you will have to keep them apart when the female is in heat.
Owning a pet is a lot of responsibility and financial cost. A litter of puppies vet care alone is very costly if there isn't any problems. Please, the world doesn't need more dogs, the shelters are full of them. I would suggest keeping a close eye on the female and at the first sign of pregnancy get her to the vet to have it terminated.
To answer your question, the knotting is a normal part of the dogs mating.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts