Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man you guys. This Trainer is such an idiot. I dunno if I should laugh or cry.
Seriously,count how many times he uses the words born to kill and death.
This guy is a nut.:hammer:

Why pit bulls should be regulated - Seattle Pet News | Examiner.com

Here in Lynwood, WA. and surrounding areas, many people oppose breed specific legislation. The problems pit bulls and other dangerous dogs pose is very real despite the pros and cons of breed specific legislation or (BSL).

Simply stated, pit bulls are intelligent and athletically gifted in ways other dogs aren't. They are also stubborn, prone to defy authority, and aggressively assert control over their environment. Pit bulls are more aggressive and stubborn than other breeds no matter who trains them. They are working dogs bred to fight to the death! Combine stubborn, intelligent, and a desire to kill, to a lack of training and boredom, and what you have is "hell on wheels". There is a need to regulate pit bulls with requirements appropriate to the risk they pose to the public.

Pit bulls are incredible dogs. They have clearly superior athletic abilities over other dogs including speed, strength and endurance. Pit bulls have extraordinary abilities compared to any other breed. They are working dogs like labs and collies. However, the pit bull's job is fighting to the death. For fighting dogs, like other working dogs, doing their job is a significant source of pleasure. That's why they do it! Obviously, there is a big difference in the behavior of a dog genetically predisposed to kill vs. herd livestock or chase a ball.

While almost any dog can be turned dangerous; it is also true that a dog may be a good loving pet, even though its breed is potentially dangerous. A dedicated owner can win the love and respect of any dog, no matter what its breed. Although one cannot look at a dog, recognize its breed, or accurately predict whether or not it is going to attack; If it's a pit bull, chances are higher that you will get bit and that the bite will do more damage than other dogs according to Kenneth M. Philips at dogbitelaw.com.

According to a study by Merrit Clifton, examining reported dog bite incidents between 1986- 2010. Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes were responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study. The vast majority of dog attacks against adults and children, as well as the most severe, such as when the attack resulted in a human death, included pit bulls. Miraculously, many dog owners suggested the life-threatening or fatal attack was the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Even if true, it means that pit bulls are extremely unpredictable.

Pit bulls are intelligent and athletically gifted animals. They are also potentially dangerous. A Pit bull in the hands of an irresponsible owner/trainer is a disaster waiting to happen. Pit bulls are working dogs bred to fight to the death, they must be handled with special precautions. Thus, there is a need to regulate pit bulls with requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lol I`m just talking about the way it`s written. I could see a kid standing up in class reading this paper, it`s extremely repetitive 3 of the 5 paragraphs all start with how pitbulls are intelligent and athletic & they all end in how "dangerous" and "unpredictable" this breed is.

·
Registered
635 Posts
"Although one cannot look at a dog, recognize its breed, or accurately predict whether or not it is going to attack; If it’s a pit bull, chances are higher that you will get bit and that the bite will do more damage than other dogs according to Kenneth M. Philips at dogbitelaw.com."

this has to be my fav part lol....so lets get this straight...though you cant recognize a dogs breed....if its a pit chances are higher you will get bit....hmmmmm wait a sec something in that doesnt sound correct lmao.

·
Registered
600 Posts
To be honest it is pretty typical of someone with the wrong intetions reading up on the breed and selectivly choosing the right and wrong words to get their own opinion over, almost like a poorly written version of craven desires blog page. Ie ; there is a fair portion of the stuff written that is true, they are fast , gifted and extremely inteligent dogs, and yes some can be stubborn.

The numbers i would say are made up but the fact is pitbulls do attack more than other dogs BUT in the places where they do it is simply due to the numbers of the breed per capita, even if thay had a bite the pressure of the chi, they would still top the list due to sheer numbers,[take my country for example all the breeds at the top of our lists are the ones that have the biggest numbers of ownership, APBT,Staffords<amstaffs, and the bullbreeds are all lumped into one catagory most of the time due to numbers owned yet they can still change it round to say "pitbull"] and the other main aspect is that it unfortunatly comes down to owner types which for our breed is generally an undesirable type.
I am also thinkin that the whole rottie claim and presa where just two other breeds pulled out of a hat for good measure.

The reason we need to realy educate ourselves on the stats and the truth is to put words into it our way which for us is ten times harder, where they can simply point a finger and label a breed, our goal is truly to be fair and not have any breed labelled yet promote responsible ownership. That and the fact that we are already behind the 8ball puts us on the back foot from the start.

A high % of the pro bsl crowd are people whom have actually had problems with the breed they hate making them passionate about the bsl laws being passed or staying in place. The rest are simply people who watch too much news and are bored and the remainder are politictians looking for a few cheap votes. That makes our enemies Victims , crazy people , and liars. All three are hard to deal with.

Deep down i realy hate idiots like this guy who wrote this crap but dealing with them first hand is so draining its beyond a joke, realy we need a bigger army to deal with it all.

These people will allways be given a voice while we will rarely get one without our words being twisted.

Honestly ive played my part in fighting bsl in my country getting involved in every i can without going overboard due to my location. Sat in on a few court sessions and watched from afar on one of my countries biggest cases over a wrongly identified dog.
It takes a lot out of you being involved and i use to spend a fair portion of my workdays comunicating with people who are fighting for the breed and others. Its draining and depressing and i havent been involved for a couple of years. It just realy took it out of me, but honestly clown shoes like this journo realy fire me up and keen me up to get back into it to a certain extent. Being single again will help lol, my ex use to hate it lol.

SORRY FOR THE RANT!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
A Pit bull in the hands of an irresponsible owner/trainer is a disaster waiting to happen.

must say this is true however. how many of us have met someone that read an article about a pit getting out and attacking another dog and that being represented as a very aggressive dog? I have ALOT!!! some of the issues shoot most that are causeing BSL is not dog fighter and what have you, it is caring loving OWNER that had all good intentions just couldn't but there big boy/girl pants on and admit what breed of dog they own. people repeatedly tell me it how you raise them and then treat them like a golden retriever letting them go to dog parks or play with local dogs at the neighborhood park, walk them off leash ect. anyway it is my option only certain people should be allowed to own one of these dog, but then i think you should have a license to breed as humans so whateva neither is going to stop people.

end of MY rant :p

Reactions: Xiahko

·
Registered
3 Posts
"However, the pit bull's job is fighting to the death. For fighting dogs, like other working dogs, doing their job is a significant source of pleasure. That's why they do it! Obviously, there is a big difference in the behavior of a dog genetically predisposed to kill vs. herd livestock or chase a ball."

.....really???has the writer of this article ever owned a pitbull?? doesnt really sound like it,if so they would be talking about how LOYAL the breed is...instead of repeating over and over and over and over how dangerous they are...and they need to research how the breed was the original nanny dog and families in the 1800s would leave their children with the dogs to protect them...hmmm yeah that really sounds like a dog who NEEDS to kill...idiot... people like this make me laugh and btw my pits love chasing balls and have never killed ANYTHING lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh man you guys. This Trainer is such an idiot. I dunno if I should laugh or cry.
Seriously,count how many times he uses the words born to kill and death.
This guy is a nut.:hammer:

Why pit bulls should be regulated - Seattle Pet News | Examiner.com

Here in Lynwood, WA. and surrounding areas, many people oppose breed specific legislation. The problems pit bulls and other dangerous dogs pose is very real despite the pros and cons of breed specific legislation or (BSL).

Simply stated, pit bulls are intelligent and athletically gifted in ways other dogs aren't. They are also stubborn, prone to defy authority, and aggressively assert control over their environment. Pit bulls are more aggressive and stubborn than other breeds no matter who trains them. They are working dogs bred to fight to the death! Combine stubborn, intelligent, and a desire to kill, to a lack of training and boredom, and what you have is "hell on wheels". There is a need to regulate pit bulls with requirements appropriate to the risk they pose to the public.

Pit bulls are incredible dogs. They have clearly superior athletic abilities over other dogs including speed, strength and endurance. Pit bulls have extraordinary abilities compared to any other breed. They are working dogs like labs and collies. However, the pit bull's job is fighting to the death. For fighting dogs, like other working dogs, doing their job is a significant source of pleasure. That's why they do it! Obviously, there is a big difference in the behavior of a dog genetically predisposed to kill vs. herd livestock or chase a ball.

While almost any dog can be turned dangerous; it is also true that a dog may be a good loving pet, even though its breed is potentially dangerous. A dedicated owner can win the love and respect of any dog, no matter what its breed. Although one cannot look at a dog, recognize its breed, or accurately predict whether or not it is going to attack; If it's a pit bull, chances are higher that you will get bit and that the bite will do more damage than other dogs according to Kenneth M. Philips at dogbitelaw.com.

According to a study by Merrit Clifton, examining reported dog bite incidents between 1986- 2010. Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes were responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study. The vast majority of dog attacks against adults and children, as well as the most severe, such as when the attack resulted in a human death, included pit bulls. Miraculously, many dog owners suggested the life-threatening or fatal attack was the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Even if true, it means that pit bulls are extremely unpredictable.

Pit bulls are intelligent and athletically gifted animals. They are also potentially dangerous. A Pit bull in the hands of an irresponsible owner/trainer is a disaster waiting to happen. Pit bulls are working dogs bred to fight to the death, they must be handled with special precautions. Thus, there is a need to regulate pit bulls with requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public.
Thank Goodness us Perfect Humans are not Killers in any form and it is undoubtably the Pitbulls are doing most of the damage in the world to-day.But one finds it difficult to quantify as all the dogs in the USA Kill less than 20 of us Royal Humans and yet those Bloody Bees are Killing round 60 odd people and this figure is growing as the African bee is breeding bigger in Texas and Hurting us Perfect Humans.
Call on the the Politicos to Protect US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank Goodness us Perfect Humans are not Killers in any form and it is undoubtably the Pitbulls are doing most of the damage in the world to-day.But one finds it difficult to quantify as all the dogs in the USA Kill less than 20 of us Royal Humans and yet those Bloody Bees are Killing round 60 odd people and this figure is growing as the African bee is breeding bigger in Texas and Hurting us Perfect Humans.
Call on the the Politicos to Protect US.
One very short message as most know I will never debate BSL as I will not debate whether Rape,Murder and Paediaphilia should be be Legalised.All 4 Crimes are Illegal and should be Punishable by Jail-time.
My last statement if Hitler had started his nonsense in the 21st century rather than around 1930's,we the Perfect Human would all have been speaking German by now,those of us that were not being REGULATED,the others put in various camps,in Denver Miami-Dade and Ontario,Canada they are called ANIMALS-CONTROLS.

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
the mans an utter idiot lol
i couldnt help myself i went to the link and added my 2cents worth haha gave em a peice of my mind.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
this guy is stupid.... i love how people deside to make them selves experts on something that they know nothing about!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
iv met alot of pitbulls never met one i didnt like or felt afraid of,iv been attacked twice one lil nip when i was young by a golden lab and one real hard bite when i was 17 by a 165 pound newfoundland dog on my paper route he wasnt stoppen without a couple punches.if you beleive what is said about those breeds in books youi d think being attacked by one of those is near imposible it s all the owner ,how responsible the owners are and how the dog is bred and raised is everything imo

·
Banned
3 Posts
The reason we need to realy educate ourselves on the stats and the truth is to put words into it our way which for us is ten times harder, where they can simply point a finger and label a breed, our goal is truly to be fair and not have any breed labelled yet promote responsible ownership. That and the fact that we are already behind the 8ball puts us on the back foot from the start.
Nike air pas cher
nike shox pas cher

1 - 14 of 14 Posts