Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand some dogs cost alot. English bulldogs, American bulldogs, etc.

Those are just examples of dogs that cost $1000 on up. I wanted an English bulldog, but didn't want to pay that much... :hammer:

I did a search on American Bully and ALL the websites that have pups for sale are charging over $2000.

COME ON MAN. Let's be serious here. A lot of them look really cool and all, but isn't there anyone out there who isn't trying to get rich?

I know some of you wont like this, but at least you can probably find a back yard breeder with the exact same class of dogs for around $150 on up.

As a matter of fact my brother in law had a dog he paid $150 that looked better than most of the dogs on these website I've been visiting. He was a good dog too! Ideally what a bully should be. Someone ended up stealing him, that's how bad ass he was LOL

Maybe you guys can recommend a breeder to me who's not smoking crack with those outrageous prices. :rofl:

Because now he has to buy another one...

· Registered
837 Posts
Why do Lexus's cost so much compared to Toyota's? Why do Nike's cost more than Reebox? Why do EB cost more than Labs? Why does American Eagle cost more than Walmart?

It's all point of preference. If you don't have the income or the want to pay it you don't have to. Not saying they are better or worse but if someone wants the breed then they'll pay it to get it. Again it's your opinion what a bully should look like vs. what the other guy thinks a bully should look like.

Reactions: MY MIKADO

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm not sure he's going to buy another dog LOL

The thing is it's kind of outrageous to charge so much for a dog. I just saw another website that had a puppy for $5000...

I know it's my opinion, which I formed by what I saw on these websites. I guess I would need a pic of my brother n law's dog for you to form yours properly.

Anyway, It seems more like they are just trying to rip people off who don't know any better. I don't need a dog. Not a freaking $5000 dollar dog. I think if you guys paid that much you're on crack too LOL!

MY OPINION :D

I'll pay $300, that's a fair price :p

· Dare to dance the tide
12,407 Posts
I wouldn't pay those prices either. In fact Vendetta was only 50$. Mikado was from a shelter and given to me because he was a ABPT. I do want a Am.Bully someday and I will pay around 500$ for him.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want one too. I didn't like them at first. I still don't like the ones that are too short or fat, but I'm sure they are real cute and fun to play with. Like those English bulldogs who like riding skateboards. When I see those videos it make me want one, but I don't want to pay that much money for one.

It's not that I couldn't afford it, it's more that it seems irrational to pay so much for a dog. I think it's more of a moral issue with me. And spending money in vein its immoral to me. :D

· Dare to dance the tide
12,407 Posts
I guess it depends on th kennel. What hae they done with the dogs. Are they titled, are they bettering the breed. Are they doing health tests.

My sister is looking at lab. She wants a Down Town Dusty Brown pup and some of them are very costly. The one litter she was just looking at were 1000$. A finished dog from this line can be 4000$-6000$ it all depends on what you want to invest in.

I plan on getting my bully from Area 51 kennel. I love Manny. I want a pup from BlackBette x Man O' War breeding.

· Registered
837 Posts
Sorry, I would have replied sooner but I was driving into work.

Now I agree COMPLETELY that 5k for a dog is outrageous if there is nothing to go with that 5K, like it pooping gold or peeing sweet tea. But some people have built their kennels up as such that they can charge that because their demographic can afford it. Again back to my Lexus vs. Toyota (americans buy lexus for the name even though in Japan they are the same car). Bullies are show breed dogs and "popular" just like EB's or these 5K tea cup poodles or chi's (YES I HAVE SEEN THEM). It's all on preference.

I bought Jonezie from a breeder for $200 bucks and she's an inbred daughter of a litter from a very expensive kennel, and I mean 5K expensive. But when I was looking for her I went to the shelters and rescues and I got cold shouldered by a few because I was a guy and I was "younger"...so I did go to a breeder. But I was prepared to pay about 1k to 1500 for a dog because I wanted that look and temperament. I as alot of other people have been around Gamelines and bully lines and for my lifestyle a gameline is completely out of the question even though I think dogs like OFK has or Marty (Dang I love Lil Bit!!) are gorgeous. The price tag on a Gameline is more in my price line when I started looking but because of what my life was like I went with what I knew I could handle so I up'd my pricetag but ended up exactly where I "needed" to be.

**SORRY Went on a rant***

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand what you mean. You can get basically have your pick of all kinds of dogs once your price range is over thousand bucks. I want a chill a laid back bully, but I can think of tons of better things to spend 2 - 5 thousand on. My ideal price range is $300 - $500, but of course I can't seem to find anything that catches my eye.

To be honest a lot of "pit bulls" that look more like labs pop up LOL

· Registered
837 Posts
yeah I lucked out because the breeder that I got her from was downsizing her kennel and I got a deal on Jonez.

If my GF will allow it after she gets her Golden Retriever (GAG), I want a pocket bully, which is basically a glorified and muscled over French Bulldog. But I want one, I think they are so ugly they are cute.

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
This topic has been discussed over and over. Please use the search button.

Reactions: JFlowersLA

· Banned
3,481 Posts
I see no argument in prices of dogs. It is all in what someone is willing to pay. Ive already picked my next kennel and breeding Id like a pup from, and Im paying 1500-2000. Considering the dam is CH and the sire is on his way to his title, I dont see that price being outrageous. I have chihuahuas who cost more than that. It is all in what someone will pay, and how much someone wants that animal.

I found Mailes kennel on Myspace. I called em, drove to their house, went in their backyard and picked her out. Plain and simple. Her parents are not titled. She does have a nice pedigree and she is a good looking dog (none of these things I knew ANYTHING about when purchasing her), and she still cost a little over $1000. Id pay it again.

Price discretion is all up to each individual. If I found a pup who I LOVED and who had a nice ped, and CH parents, and was from a reputable breeder and was show quality, I would spend $5000 (if I had it to spend, lol).

"To each their own." -Cicero

· Banned
3,481 Posts
yeah I lucked out because the breeder that I got her from was downsizing her kennel and I got a deal on Jonez.

If my GF will allow it after she gets her Golden Retriever (GAG), I want a pocket bully, which is basically a glorified and muscled over French Bulldog. But I want one, I think they are so ugly they are cute.
Time to dump her RIGHT NOW!!!! lol. jkjkjk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.