Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because i'm a first Pit-owner i do my reseach about the breed so much as possible. I have spoken to different breeders and owners in different countries and i notice some hostility between APBT and American Bully owners. A lot of APBT owners realy dislike the American Bullies but why???
Personally i think they're both beautiful and uniqeu. Okay..the American Bully is no 100% APBT but that's no reason to hate the breed.
Especially in Holland the APBT owners hate the American Bully and don't even want to call it a breed. What is wrong with the American Bully?? And have more members the same opion???

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
uh oh, lol

If you search around there have been many threads started on this topic. I don't think they hate each other, more so don't want their dog's breed to be incorrect.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I don't think that it's so much a hate for the breed itself. What grates on people is that they get lumped together. I think a lot of Am Bully breeders (not all!) bring this on themselves by labelling their dogs as APBTs when they are a separate breed.

·
Registered
776 Posts
generally what apbt owners dislike is people peddling bullies as APBT.
With me , i dislike when somone calls a fat , frankenstien like , mismatch bully a pitbull.
i dont so much mind it when its a well bred bully that has the abilities close to what a real apbt has ... just the whales that pass out on short walks ...
id still rather have them all correctly represented and i would love the ukc to accpt them as a breed and get a real standard goin . i know that the bully registary is good but alot wont see it legit untill a better know kc grabs it up.

just my 2cents

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I don't hate the breed I have some thoughts about how they are bred and what breeds are mixed into them and the fact some bully breeders will call them APBT's, BUT i love a nice conditioned bully. And i am a gamebred apbt owner.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
This is a loaded gun question. There are plenty of closed threads on this subject if you are curious you can use the search button to find them. American Bullies are American Bullies as long as they are called such and marketed as such APBT people don't have a problem with the dog's or the owner's of these dogs. Not everyone is into bullies some prefer APBT's and vise versa ...Case closed thread closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.