Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is constantly licking his front limbs, the ankle/pastern part and has a sore now...he also does this to his back legs...

I wanted to avoid an E-collar because I thought maybe the weight of the collar on his ears will make them go flat....i dont want to ruin the crop I paid $400 on for procedure, after care and taping...

will the e-collar cause the ears to go flat? when I tried putting one on, it made his crop fold over on top of skull

thanks

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
No.. Chino had one on his, and with him having the long crop I worried about that. The vet told me to keep it on at all times, but I did take it off a couple of times a day for a few minutes. It sure was funny watching him come in and out of his crate with that thing! And he was still so rambunctious that he went through 2 of them after his cropping LOL

Any pics of the lil pup??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is almost a year now...had the crop a long time ago...I bought one from petsmart, XL size...he hated having it on...sadly it was too big for the crate...maybe I'll go smaller and see if he can get in and out easily this time

so the ears will still stand up nicely after a few days?

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Should not cause a problem and if you are worried about it use the tampon trick to hold them up. Should be fine though.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
he is almost a year now...had the crop a long time ago...I bought one from petsmart, XL size...he hated having it on...sadly it was too big for the crate...maybe I'll go smaller and see if he can get in and out easily this time

so the ears will still stand up nicely after a few days?
they should! lol i misread it, i thought it was a new crop. Have you had problems with the ears before? I don't think a few days of E collar would affect them, chino's ears were basically folded in by the collar

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
OOOOH cause I was thinking "E"lectronic collar and I was very confused how that could make them lay down...LOL! I forgot they call those cone things e-collars too...never used one with Sydney's crop so I wouldn't know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts