Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· + Young buck human puppy
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in a panic ATM, my partner STUPIDLY bred Stage with a bitch I had no control over the situation as Stage is originally Adams dog, the bitch whelped 11 puppies less than two weeks ago, 7 have died (one today) I need to go get these puppies and save them, he is homeless and lives in his car with the dogs and puppies, I new this **** would happen thats why I packed the biggest tantrum when Adam bred him. The mother is young, I dont no if she is getting fed, the pups are dropping dead from starvation and cold im guessing and I need to know if it is possible for Grace to accept these pups and feed them they are only 1 week younger than hers. If not I am going to have to hand feed to keep them alive and tell the owner of the bitch where to go as I want nothing to do with him! I have put up with him for 7years of my life and he is always stuffing up!
I have milk replacer at home i need to go get a baby bottle as the kitten puppie bottle teats are too small.
I was thinking washing them then rubbing them with a puppy blanket to get her smell on them?

Help me! Any sugestions will be appreciated.

:mad::mad::mad:

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
we put half our litter on a serrogate as pep wasnt doing well and they took fine the other mom took them and scooped them up under her and let them nurse right away but from what the vet says its 50-50 the mom may reject them. { we did this at 2 weeks of age} The only thing is you may want to confirm why the pups are dying and make sure it isnt anything that will be passed to your pups like parvo or something. Worth a try though worst case scenario is bottle feeding.

1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I now can't get hold of the guy!
5 died between birth and 2days, then one must have dropped off in the last few days.
Ill take them to the vet before bring home, I definalty don't want parvo in the house.
Thats a releif to know that there is a 50-50 chance. The only problem is this other dog and grace are arch enemies, so i need to get her smell off them which is going to be hard.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
If you bring the pups take the mom out and rub your pups on the new ones. It will not mask the smell but may confuse her a bit and she may except them. I know a lot of moms who will nurse other pups so you might get lucky. If not you can bottle feed to save the poor pups. Make sure the pups are warm if you bottle feed a cold pup it will die, also if they are cold the mom might reject them. Hot water bottles work well and so does a heating pad.

let us know what happens

1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, change of plan my heartless sister has said no to me saving the puppies (its her house).
Im left with no options anymore.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
thats too bad , but dont feel bad its not you who did this, the ones involved with the breeding are to blame , sad but maybe this is the best way out for those poor pups. The guy who has the mom living in the car with her pups should be reported for animal abuse .

1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Im still trying to change her mind, from not taking them shes not getting at the usless owner (which she thinks she is getting at) shes adding the helpless puppies dying. Its not hard to see if two puppies would be accepted by Grace, Its so heartless, I guess shes not an animal lover like me.
My pregnancy hormones are trying to make me cry and im trying to stop myself, I feel so bad for those little lives

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.