Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new puppy top incisors seem to have punctured the bottom lip a bit. Causing what looks like to be blisters but there obviously from the teeth being to long I guess. It looks like there healing. Is this normal? Will this go away or should I expect dental problems from this dog?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
can you post up some pics of the teeth?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
heres a pic of wut it looks like. its the same thing on the other side. she eats fine and is even one of the bigger ones in the litter. puppy is only 7 weeks by the way. Im still debating if i should pick her as i do have the litter pick. i still have one more week to decide. Shes the best looking dog but im just worried about dental probs down the road.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    64.9 KB Views: 209

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Oooooo that looks painful! Perhaps she was just playing rough and someone bumped her head in a way that made those sharp puppy teeth give her a cut? Just as if You were to accidentally bite into your lip. That is what it looks like, but I could be wrong....

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
OUCH it looks super painful, plus must make it hard to close the mouth all the way. And is hard to heal since its always moving. I know they get their adult teeth, but I would check with the vet, maybe they need to be filed down a bit to make closing more comfortable? I don't really know though, let us know what they say, very interested to hear what a vet thinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts