Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack that other fella's thread so here's a couple pictures of the dog in the box. He's Bluetick and Blue Heeler. Go figure, his name is Blue. Goofy cross I know, and I'm sure somebody's fencing accident but he works so he gets fed. He's been a good dog for us.

You'd think I'd have a decent picture of that dog somewhere.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I swear, swear swear, I wanted to call ACD! I've got one and it looked shine to my dog in his face.
I saw the mottling of the heeler and just though it was A brushcoat, from crossing.
How awesome!
Beautiful pics!
2 tough dogs bred in, I'm gonna say this, you and A few others will know, the ACD is as tenacious as A pit, blue ticks are also hard head. I knew A guy in NC, he was an old man that lived in the green swamp of southeast NC and he had ticks, he swore by them. His known to all name was bear catcher. That was all he did, bear hunt. All he had was ticks. Every one was scarred, marred and stitched up. He told me he ran all the long leg hounds and stuck with ticks because they would run in on A angry bear without A thought.
That might seem strange to some, Not me.
How cool!
I like his height, I'll bet he'll lope all day. And that coat, ain't gotta worry about him briaring up.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

If I thought I had a snowball's chance in hades of reproducing him I'd try but I didn't think it would happen and he had a habit of marking every piece of grass he trotted by so I had him cut. I just enjoy a good dog not.

He has taken his share of staples and got into it with a coyote a couple weeks ago and came out without a scratch. He's a hard--- for sure but gentle as a lamb around children. Love the way he bays. As long as the hog is looking at him he'll leave it alone but if it turns away from him or trys to run he's all over the back end until they stop.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
Thank you.

If I thought I had a snowball's chance in hades of reproducing him I'd try but I didn't think it would happen and he had a habit of marking every piece of grass he trotted by so I had him cut. I just enjoy a good dog not.

He has taken his share of staples and got into it with a coyote a couple weeks ago and came out without a scratch. He's a hard--- for sure but gentle as a lamb around children. Love the way he bays. As long as the hog is looking at him he'll leave it alone but if it turns away from him or trys to run he's all over the back end until they stop.
Mine was fixed, without my permission. I would have bred him. By nature he is NOT ACD, people that know the breed can't believe his laid back nature. He only amps upon alerts. Swim, who's out there? Say hi, say bye, very personable with anyone.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I love ACDs! Had a red one growing up and tomorrow I am getting one to keep till he find s a home! Will post pics! I didn't know there we any cattle dog lovers here :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts