Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just wondering what everyone does with their dogs during the winter...im talking about ppl that live where it snows. it is hard to find activities to do with the dogs during winter besdies playing out back or going for walks...ne ideas!?

·
Registered
339 Posts
im from minneapolis minnesota and things i always did with my dogs in the snow was fun ways to work them having you dog work in a fun surroundings mentally builds their self-a-steam simply go some were that has a good size hill for your dog and play fetch have your dog work its way up the hill having fun and pluse your dog will stay in great shape i hope this works for you

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey that's a good idea, we've been wondering what to do for winter. Hmm, I wonder has anyone ever tried to have their dog pull a sled? I'm thinking just on a flap surface...lol...I dunno

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
We plan on hooking Sadie up to a sled this winter and letting her loose with Isaac on it should make for some great pics

·
Registered
339 Posts
yeah i used to have my dogs pull the sled for my lil cuzn but they have to be motivated sum how but i always did did the easy way jus run from your dog hand have fun with them great way to show your love to ya dog hand good way for you just to have fun with your dog and the kids of the family in my eyes

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
I have a hill in my front yard lol..so when it snows we will have fun, he can roll down the hill with me. I wonder if it will snow here this year.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
my best friend had this awesome husky/wolf/rottie mix when we were younger and in the winter we hooked him up to a little sled and bungeed a milk crate to it and he pulled us around and we used to have him transport stuff for us and all that. if you have a backyard you can hide toys in the snow and play like go find it games... Bear loves it when you toss snow around in the air (dorky, i kno hahaha) and he will run in circles for days lmao.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
NOt this year but nect year when Vendetta is 2 I'm going to start skijorning with her. That should be a blast and we have several races around here. If it is really cold out side I hide treats in the house and her find them. I also bring in the tunnel or the teeter and we work on those.

I also just ordered a doggy puzzle. That should be fun.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I think it will be fun for the dogs. If they like it I might buy a few more I know they are spendy but this is what I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts