Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they say he was 140lbs.... a pitbull at 140lbs ???
that cant be a pitbull right? that would have to be a mix to get to that size and not be so fat it could not jump?

and they shoot it cuz it had her clothes in its month....clothes...

Pit bull attacks Decatur woman - Decaturdaily.com

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
of coarse we get pics of her ugly stomach but none of the dog. 140lbs pitbull... yea right.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have no sympathy for an HA pitbull.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
140 pound pit dog? the postings under the article make me even more upset. What a bunch of ignorant people, I'd love to see a pure bred APBT weighing 140 pounds ! They should have called it a mutt or a mastiff mix, not a pit dog =(

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Oversized curdog... it was obviously a bandog or a WHOPPER.. LOL ~ HA Pitbull should not be in the same sentence... remember the 44lbs pit bull that crazy old lady sicked on the AO/PD, think his name was benjiman?<anyway, baseball bats over the head got the dogs attention to let go, but he wasnt hurt and wanted to get that same AO the old lady put the dog on. If it was HA it would have turned on the dude w/the bat or anyone else.. tsk tsk.. Whats worse is people believe it, and will argue w/APBT owners, uh HUH it was on the NEWS!... BAHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
The dog had been "the family’s pet for only about two weeks", and they kept him in "the backyard behind a locked gate", Angelica Carbajal said.

I feel this dog attacked from lack of socialization. they had him only two weeks and had him locked up in the back for that long..I'd go crazy too if I was shut away from the world! Mind you the dog is a 140 pound dog which only means NOT an APBT but most likely a Ambully they look just like pits. and to be honest...it may even be a byb street pit. badly bred and socialized from the start.
And really..I don't blame the dog, I blame the owners both before and recent for this.
anyways, whatever the dog is and the cause just think of it as atleast that dog is in a better place and not locked up unsocailized in the backyard.

those people should never own ANY type of dog after this...EVER!

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
140 pound pitbull..hmmm its a BBULLLLYY ban BULLLIESSS lol naw jk I dont want to get attacked by bully fans....I liek bully 2....I highly doubt it was a pitbull though at that size...Whatever it was like sampsons dad said no sympahty for ha dogs

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I doubt it would be an Ambully.. I smell a bandog or some kind of mastiff mutt.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's true. The media + police are just so ignorant. OF COURSE they'd put that it was a PITBULL not even classifying it as a mutt/mastiff mix. I bet you half the police/media don't even know what a PUREBRED pit is. "140 lbs" & "pitbull" don't belong in the same sentence. It'd be nice if they could do a little more research instead of remaining so ignorant and really figure outwhat a purebred pit is before putting it up on the news for the world to see & categorizing all pitbulls as aggressive attackers.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
It's true. The media + police are just so ignorant. OF COURSE they'd put that it was a PITBULL not even classifying it as a mutt/mastiff mix. I bet you half the police/media don't even know what a PUREBRED pit is. "140 lbs" & "pitbull" don't belong in the same sentence. It'd be nice if they could do a little more research instead of remaining so ignorant and really figure outwhat a purebred pit is before putting it up on the news for the world to see & categorizing all pitbulls as aggressive attackers.
Apparently even people owning and breeding them don't know the difference either....

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I doubt it would be an Ambully.. I smell a bandog or some kind of mastiff mutt.
It could very well be a bandog but they will lable it as a "PITBULL" and end it at that unless the shelter says it is a mix or a diffrent breed. (which wont happen) people will continue to see the apbt as the pitbull terror.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
this is just plain annoying. i like how in the comments people are just like, ban these dogs they're dangerous.. and some people try to defend but i mean, some idiot wrote that an 140 lb PITBULL attacked the lady, so thats what they believe. bullcrap, im sick of seeing bull like this!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
This happened in my town too. It was an American Bulldog 120lbs and they said another pit bull attack. The Media sucks! This is exactly why dog bite stats are so high for pit bull cause they call every thing a pit bull.

·
Registered
151 Posts
and then you have ignorant people commenting and adding fuel to the fire with nonsense like this one

On 11/7/09 at 07:44 AM, s from wrote:

I have to disagree...some dogs are born mean and with killer instinct. Just like a wild lion that is born into captivity they have this instinct that is in their DNA to attack things. Pit Bulls have been bread for years (hundreds upon hundreds) to be attack dogs and for protection. You cant stop what thier DNA makeup is. You can raise them from pups and say "oh but mine are as gentle as a lamb!" BUT one day your little gentle lamb could attack and kill and it is very likely. They arent a very smart bread...do the research. It is just a fact! would you keep a loaded gun out somewhere where a child "MIGHT" come along and pick it up and play with it? Having a vicious dog like this is NO DIFFERENT in what could happen. ITS CALLED PREVENTION!!!

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
OMG!! Not a very smart breed! They are one of the most intelligent breeds there is! And I'm not just saying that because they are my favorite. They are SMART!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts