Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ODENTON, Md. -- A 21-year-old Crofton woman has pleaded guilty to helping a man shoot a pit bull to death while they were petsitting.

Sarah Nicole Tavenello was convicted Friday on conspiracy to commit animal cruelty.

In February, Tavenello's friend was recovering from surgery and asked her and 25-year-old Phillip Balboni to care for her pitbull.

The two cared for the dog but needed the owner to come get it. Their friend needed a few hours before picking up the dog. Police say the two told the owner they couldn't wait and shot the dog to death at a park in Odenton.

Tavenello's sentencing is scheduled for July 2. Balboni's trial on charges of mutilating an animal is scheduled for July 23.

Woman pleads guilty to killing dog while petsitting - wtop.com

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
WTF.......

What is the world coming to? If that had been my dog I would have been the one going to jail after I beat the crap out of those two....

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
This is gross... I wish there were stricter laws against crimes like this!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This angers me. Not so much that it was a pitbull, but who could do this to a dog period?

Those two should be stoned to death publicly. No hyperbole, either. I mean it literally.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I feel so bad for the dog, and the owner who probably had no choice but to try to find someone to help out while they were in surgery. In these tough economic times its so sad that people can't afford a kennel for the time they are sick and still be able to pay the med bills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts