Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier, I was on my way to Jack in the Box, and I see this loose pit bull mix running around... Now, I wish I would have stopped, but then again, it almost attacked a little girl, so in a way, it probably was best that I didn't.

I'm sure it is on it's way to be put to sleep. I just heard on the news that the dog I saw lunged at a little girl, and the little girl's chi tried to defend her and was killed in the process....

I hate hearing about people having dogs that they cannot keep restrained and let loose running the streets. I knew it had an owner, because it had a collar on.... Negligence strikes again giving "pit bulls" a bad name....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CORRECTION! The "pit bull" carried the dead chi into a strangers house and tried to attack the little girl...? could this story get any more twisted??!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
link me please, lol that sucks!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ugh so sad !

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely. :/ as u can see. I'm from a small town where u can leave ur door open almost always ha. So things lie this suck to hear about but of course they go out of their way to dog on pit bulls

·
Registered
117 Posts
sounds like the media needs to get thier story right if they keep changing it. just like that bully that was killed. They didn't even get the dogs name right in that one.
But what really gets me is the dog returns home and they just let it in. So this means the dogs has gottn out before and they don't give a damn.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly... there poor choices in how they cared for their dog not only is going to result in bad media and citizen view of the breed (as if they don't have enough of a bad Rep) this dog is bound to be p.t.s eventually. After the court date I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Super sad that some thought less owners let their dog do this. the story is stupid I hardly think if a bulldog charged at a little girl the Chi throwing it self in the way would have stopped. But none the less The people who own this dog should have him taken away. And be held responsible.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
What a bizarre story all the way around. Texas definitely doesn't need any of this type of crap right now (like anyplace ever does, but Texas has been hot to trot for BSL for awhile now) Why on earth would they return a dog to negligent owners before the hearing? That makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I doubt the dog was after the girl. But shame on the owners for letting their dog run loose.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kingsgirl- I thought that there was actually a law in Texas that prevented BSL throughout the whole state, but individual cities can perhaps put the law into affect. I could be wrong, but I've done research, and that is what I got out of it....

And Carrianna- I definitely doubt that the dog was after the little girl also, because if it was, I'm sure it wouldn't have stopped for a little Chi and run off after it killed it.

It's just a sad story.. Not something that I like hearing about for sure...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reading the comments on this news page is really making me want to throw my computer.
Was just thinking the same. So much ignorance and so much misinformation.

I'm not sure how it is to own a Pit Bull or any similar bully breed in the United States. But i can assure you, here in Portugal it's a living hell because of these media sensationalisms.

How long do we have to wait before our breed becomes forgotten like many others before them? Like the Rottweiler, the German Shepherd, the Doberman....

It's not giving up, but sometimes i think that in the future it will be impossible to own a Pit Bull.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill run away with mu dog before I will give her up to be put down.... that's horrible to think of

1 - 15 of 15 Posts