Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have posted before about how Papo will not retrieve a phesant but will other birds.

Well, we got it. I took a trip back out to my dad and I's hunting farm, and i must say the phesant hunting this year is great. After 45min my brother and I both had our limits. Papo had a blast hunting.

After the hunt i took all the bird and set them in a pile for Papo to check out. Then i tied a string to one and began to drag it around getting Papo to sniff the trail and get a little excited over the bird.

I then started throwing it short distances and before long he was Picking them up and bringing them back to me. I then played a few more games with him, hiding the bird etc etc.

Progress is slow and steady but he is showing promise of being a great hunting companion for me. Hoo ray for the terrier.

Sorry i didnt take many pics during the hunt, ill get some of Papo in action sometime shortly.

woof, nice morning hair

Papo checkin out the birds a few minutes before i finally got him to RETRIEVE a phesant

on a side note, Papo turned 5 mnths today.

and i finally tagged out my bow kill for the 08 season. Took alot of long hours in the woods and patience.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Oh my god you shot Bambi's father!!

Haha. Nice...not a hunter myself, can't stand being out in the cold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts