Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess who is pulling?? Thats right last night I went down and worked with Lil Girl. I had, had her on the track once or twice before but she was needing help. Last night she made 3 pulls with no help on the empty cart. I then added about 100lbs and she pulled that 2 times. I quit her right there as she was pulling fine. We will do some more in a couple days but it was good to see her hook into the weight. She is our first dog produced so I really want to see her do good!!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
that's exciting! How old is lil girl now? I remember when you first posted the litter! she's made from so BAD dogs I know she will do great!

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is 5 months old right now. She pulled it pretty easy but the idea is to keep it easy and keep it fun. Just a few pulls here and there for right now. Basically all I want to do right now is get it through to her what I want her to do when she gets on the track! Just learning right now. Its not about strength or how much weight but rather getting her mind right!

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
do you ever let the young dogs watch the older more experinced ones pull for a type of "see thats what you do" type schooling?

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yess they do at times. I like all the dogs in there at once, it creates distractions and helps me teach the dogs to focus on the task at hand. That way when the get to a show they know the job!

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
wheezie said:
do you ever let the young dogs watch the older more experinced ones pull for a type of "see thats what you do" type schooling?
LOL, I was going to ask the same thing..It seems plausable don't it???

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
since the dogs have been aroud each other since they were pups are they all preety cool with one another or is there some DA. i remember you sayin my girl had no DA but rebel had was

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rebel can be very DA, Especially at other shows. His run and Baileys are end to end but they cant reach each other. However they will go at it and I always look to make sure because they sound like they have ahold of each other. Switch is still young but he and Reb get along so far. Im waiting to see how it is in another few months!

·
Registered
795 Posts
what is DA?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
DA is dog aggression. Something you always have to be aware of with pitbulls.

:pupruns: WAY TO LITTLE GIRL:pupruns:
Thats awsome Andy.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Thats awsome, I hope she does really well for you.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would def. like to see a video!

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we will try and get some on tonight. I may see if I can film her pulling some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts