Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I post any thoughts on this I thought I would get the Admins take on whether to even start this thread or not. :)

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't go towards a racist thing or get brought down to personal attacks/nit picks. I would love to see everyones views on this, and I think we all can be grown ups about it. If not, then it will be closed.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank You Shana.

While I am glad they are free and home I agree with the expert I heard on the radio from Washington DC who has something to do with security in this country, I can't remember his title and I wish I would have written it down though as he sounded like a very experienced person on this topic. He said our new Presidential administration has just shown how weak they are when they bend to the wills of kidnappers as this country just did. He said we will most likely see this kind of thing happen again in other parts of the world as it is easy to kidnap Americans and get something out of it. Not trying to start any heated debate over this but I think he has some very good and very valid points!
You do not negotiate with kidnappers or terrorists.
North Korea is dangerous to say the least as is Iran. He said North Korea has sold nuclear technologies to Burma recently as well. It's only a matter of time until Tom Clancy's, "Sum Of All Fears" becomes a reality IMHO.
Have you seen that movie? If not I highly recommend it as it is fantastic.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I agree with you on this one. It is unfortunate that our citizens were kidnapped/inprissoned, but i don't think that we as a nation need to jump for every single person who is captured by an enemy, and these people were sentenced to 5 years of labor, not death. I think we need to step up to the plate for our men in uniform, but not for every tom dick and harry. I think sending Bill over there has even further damaged our reputation since our LEADER didn't have the time to show up for the negotiation.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
welll......... in all honesty i think calling them terrorists is jumping the gun some. Just because they aren't allies, but rather potential enemies doesn't classify them as terrorist. Neither dogs Iraq or Iran as a whole country. These people were taken from the N. Korean government. If they were taken by terrorists we probably wouldn't have ever gotten them back in one peice.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I agree with you on this one. It is unfortunate that our citizens were kidnapped/inprissoned, but i don't think that we as a nation need to jump for every single person who is captured by an enemy, and these people were sentenced to 5 years of labor, not death. I think we need to step up to the plate for our men in uniform, but not for every tom dick and harry. I think sending Bill over there has even further damaged our reputation since our LEADER didn't have the time to show up for the negotiation.
Thanks IBC.

They sent Bill because old 'Slick Willy' could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo. :rofl:

The expert I heard on the radio was not saying what the liberal radio station announcers were hoping to hear and so they started questioning him and said, "Well, sanctions against North Korea have not worked so what should we do?"
He responded that we are just not doing the right kind of sanctions is why. The announcer said, "And what is the right kind of sanctions?" The expert replied that a few years back North Korea pulled some crap as well although there were no Americans being held against their will, and the Bush administration froze North Korea's assets to which he said, "Then the North Koreans squealed like a stuck hog!" He said to do that again and then tighten the screws a little more and the North Koreans would learn that they cannot get away with their childish games. I agree! I liked this guy as he knew what to do!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welll......... in all honesty i think calling them terrorists is jumping the gun some. Just because they aren't allies, but rather potential enemies doesn't classify them as terrorist. Neither dogs Iraq or Iran as a whole country. These people were taken from the N. Korean government. If they were taken by terrorists we probably wouldn't have ever gotten them back in one peice.
I agree but I think 'Floor Candy' was probably implying that kidnappers should fall under the same rules. ;)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree but I think 'Floor Candy' was probably implying that kidnappers should fall under the same rules. ;)
Yeah I just feel like it's the action, not the credentials that make someone a terrorist. I guess everyone's customs are different, and I'm sure there are plenty of governments out there who think the US is full of terrorists.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Thanks IBC.

They sent Bill because old 'Slick Willy' could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo. :rofl:

The expert I heard on the radio was not saying what the liberal radio station announcers were hoping to hear and so they started questioning him and said, "Well, sanctions against North Korea have not worked so what should we do?"
He responded that we are just not doing the right kind of sanctions is why. The announcer said, "And what is the right kind of sanctions?" The expert replied that a few years back North Korea pulled some crap as well although there were no Americans being held against their will, and the Bush administration froze North Korea's assets to which he said, "Then the North Koreans squealed like a stuck hog!" He said to do that again and then tighten the screws a little more and the North Koreans would learn that they cannot get away with their childish games. I agree! I liked this guy as he knew what to do!:thumbsup:
LMFAO you're right on that one.... man I don't know where my mind was when I typed that last post, but i noticed a crap load of typos when you quoted me! I'm gonna blame it on the darn new nails... not used to all of this clickity clacking

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Eeek... I read the second paragraph you posted... I think a neutral approach to this should have been in order. I don't think we need to be bullies and control the world, but on the same note we don't need to be push overs. We as a nation should not allow a few peoples prison sentences control the world.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMFAO you're right on that one.... man I don't know where my mind was when I typed that last post, but i noticed a crap load of typos when you quoted me! I'm gonna blame it on the darn new nails... not used to all of this clickity clacking
No problem my friend. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I am curious as to what we gave up in return and if we are are going to be doing the same for the 3 American hikers that are being held in Iran right now. Quid pro quo is not always the way to do things.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I just feel like it's the action, not the credentials that make someone a terrorist. I guess everyone's customs are different, and I'm sure there are plenty of governments out there who think the US is full of terrorists.
I hear you.
I know it's not right but when little piss ass countries like this challenge us like the North Koreans have I almost feel like using the special forces motto:

:curse: :rofl:

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I am curious as to what we gave up in return and if we are are going to be doing the same for the 3 American hikers that are being held in Iran right now. Quid pro quo is not always the way to do things.
I don't know my friend. One thing we did give up and that guy I mentioned on the radio touched on this, the North Korean people are going to be told by their lunatic leader that they are so powerful that they made the most powerful nation in the world bend to their demands. That is a powerful message to the people there who have been oppressed in communism all these many years.
It's sad to say the least.
I know their leader is going to die real soon as he has pancreatic cancer. I just hope his son that takes over has a little better sense than his dad.

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
you are right we did look weak at that point but i look at it this way we should have Hillary as president because that would put Bill back in the white house. that means 16 years of combined country leadership experience just going in. Well lets hope next time we get it right and the electoral college puts in the best person for the job.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
To play Devil's advocate, Bill Clinton did go in an unofficial capacity. He did not bear a message from Obama, and the journalists were employees of a company owned by Al Gore, and captured while working. So he did go as a very interested 3rd party I guess you could say. However, the government footed the bill for his trip, and gave the "mission" their blessing. In the end though, how can anyone see it as anything but an official government mission since he will always carry the title "Mr. President".

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
To play Devil's advocate, Bill Clinton did go in an unofficial capacity. He did not bear a message from Obama, and the journalists were employees of a company owned by Al Gore, and captured while working. So he did go as a very interested 3rd party I guess you could say. However, the government footed the bill for his trip, and gave the "mission" their blessing. In the end though, how can anyone see it as anything but an official government mission since he will always carry the title "Mr. President".
That is good point I was thinking that myself.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
you are right we did look weak at that point but i look at it this way we should have Hillary as president because that would put Bill back in the white house. that means 16 years of combined country leadership experience just going in. Well lets hope next time we get it right and the electoral college puts in the best person for the job.
Hillary as President? You are joking right? She tried to help out and the Koreans called her a " whiney schoolgirl" I hate that witch to tell you the truth and if you would do a little research you would see what a witch she was when she was the 1st lady. I hate to even refer to her as a "lady" as she is not.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Hillary as President? You are joking right? She tried to help out and the Koreans called her a " whiny schoolgirl" I hate that witch to tell you the truth and if you would do a little research you would see what a witch she was when she was the 1st lady. I hate to even refer to her as a "lady" as she is not.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Korean culture that men are by far superior to women?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts