Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. My friend said she's getting an ADBA registered puppy. She's going all the way to texas to pick it up and the puppy is coming from Louisiana. Anyhow.... I asked about the bloodlines and she said 100% Razors Edge... I said hmm... then it would be an American Bully. She said "no it's not short and wide" I told her it didn't matter what the dog looked like, that RE was a Bully line now. Is there ever a case that they are APBT? How would you know? Or would you consider them just to be Ambully and they need to be reg with the ABKC.

ETA supposed to have a 6 gen ped

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I guess it could be called a pit bull not am bully and def not the American pit bull terrier. Bernie is a razors edge cross with Nevada blood but I don't think I can consider him an American Bully because he doesn't fit the standard but he is not an Apbt either so he is just a pit bull. My brother in laws dog is ABDA reg but he looks like an apbt dog that drank some of the same juice the Ninja turtles did to mutate lol He has to have 24 inch head at least because his neck is 23 and he weighs 84 pounds.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It would still be an ambully in my opinion, whats called a classic bully. Do not be ashamed of what you have, having a bully is not the worst thing in the world i promise. blood tells lots of stories and there are things called throwbacks which produces a more apbt featured dog (standard wise). Also, it could be from orginal r.e. lineage, which is not as bully and most people tend to see bullies as. A more functional dog, not to say same size as an apbt, heavier and more muscle, just not overweight and sloppy. I myself have a classic bully, 100% razors edge, that most would not know the difference from a 100% apbt. Not that most know the difference b/t a bully and apbt in the first place. Anywho, that's my 2 cents.
Ex. Pike 100% r.e.

Purple rose of ciaro 100% r.e. (bullier version)

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
it depends on what dogs its off of! there are apbt razors edge and there are American Stafford shire terrier razors edge and there are out and out bullies and there are pitter staff razors edge you really can't wrap all razors edge into one little package like that. find out what dogs its off of look at the ped them make your call.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I personally base it off the pedigree itself. RE wasn't always bully and not all RE dogs are of a mix which is what separates the Bully from APBT IMO.

·
Registered
994 Posts
then it would be considered a classic bully correct ? this is what i dont understand, if someone has a classic bully off the same lines as a 90lb freak, they get to call their dog a apbt, while if the other person says the same thing they get flamed. Doesnt make any sense to me, (not trying to start anything holly/matt you know i love yall) i just dont understand how people conclude their view on the subj. Ex. Pike is ~ 60 lbs i would guess now, to the max hes going to be (almost an old man, getting close to 3 y/o!). Yet his dad, and most in lineage (within last 4 gen) are larger dogs (70-80lbs easily) really bully dogs. Now past 4 gen you have alot of throwin knuckles, sadey paddinton, wildside, ruffian, ect ect. the orginal lines of the dogs. How would you determine his "breed specific name" (holly doesnt need to know my ped she set it up for me on apbt online hehe) :D just curious, as i dont know it all, just like to give my opinions/views as we all do. --shane

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
IMO a classic bully is a bully that is more of an Amstaff figure with out being over done. But still a mix bred dog.Anything that is APBT/Amstaff is not a bully IMO no matter how it looks. However the whole bully debate will come down to matter of opinion. Other wise every big a$$ gaff dog would be a bully :D

An American Bully IMO is a dog of APBT/Amstaff and other breed mixing. If mixing of other breeds has not occurred it is just an out of standard dog, if overdone, or its just a big PitterStaff

·
Registered
994 Posts
lol, okie i see where your going that's a great valid point. thanks for clearing that up. i guess like you said, its all a matter of opinion for each individual person. there is no guideline that we can go by i guess, due to the speculations (spelling?) behind the breed as a whole. Either way, i love my boy!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have a male who's mom was very old APBT RE lines and was registered with ADBA and got a single reg with UKC. It is possible just depeneds what dogs were used in the pedigree.

Reactions: BLUE PIT BULL MAN

·
Banned
666 Posts
This is exactly what I was trying to get explained in the other thread. And now I understand, there are NO set rules, just opinions. And seems everyone has different ones. I guess now I'll just accept it as that and sit back and wonder if one day this breed will ever come together as a whole unit.

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
This is exactly what I was trying to get explained in the other thread. And now I understand, there are NO set rules, just opinions. And seems everyone has different ones. I guess now I'll just accept it as that and sit back and wonder if one day this breed will ever come together as a whole unit.
never. it has to many variables and if people wold look at the whole and not get caught up in the little parts maybe it would but people are set on tunnel vision.

·
Banned
666 Posts
You don't think that sooner or later public opinion will win out? In other words majority rule? People will like a certain "look" or certain dogs types will excell in things and that will begin the standard of what will be the future?

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
You don't think that sooner or later public opinion will win out? In other words majority rule? People will like a certain "look" or certain dogs types will excell in things and that will begin the standard of what will be the future?
there is already a standard the problem comes in were people breed out of standard and when people breed in other breeds. the adba allows you to breed akc and ukc amstaff and will register the litter American pit bull terrier so that in it self leaves it open for alot of debate. personally i like the look of a well bred pitter staff., i don't know i am one of those people who like game lines and show lines and bullies so your not gonna get to much prejudiced from me. the doga are all good for differnt reasons. and i can see value in all of them.

·
Banned
666 Posts
there is already a standard the problem comes in were people breed out of standard and when people breed in other breeds. the adba allows you to breed akc and ukc amstaff and will register the litter American pit bull terrier so that in it self leaves it open for alot of debate. personally i like the look of a well bred pitter staff., i don't know i am one of those people who like game lines and show lines and bullies so your not gonna get to much prejudiced from me. the doga are all good for differnt reasons. and i can see value in all of them.
Well, I've decided what look I like, but I have no idea what it's called.:confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts