Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
State Plans To Euthanize Deltona Man's Dog | www.wftv.com The state plans to euthanize "Snoopy" even though he was on a leash when another dog attacked him. Now, several dog activist groups have come to Snoopy's defense. (1-17-12)

poor snoopy.

I can not believe the other dog is home with his family and snoopy sits in jail waiting for the judge to decide if he should be put down. All because the other dog was off leash and approached and started with snoopy. BUT then I think Snoopy's owner has BSL in his town requiring his dog to be muzzled. I know mistakes happen, especially with stupid owners who have dogs off leash. But can I still bitch about an unleashed dog when the owner wasn't following the law either? Maybe snoopy had prior incidents with other dogs already. Who knows. Still think its messed up to put a dog down for being a dog. Its not a human that was attacked and both owners were at fault.

I guess if I lived where they require muzzles, I would not risk taking my DA dog in public just because he isn't allowed. I would like to think this would not happen around me since I do not have to muzzle off property. Makes me think twice about bringing Mel into work with me even though he is registered in Quincy, not Boston, which require a muzzle... Seems like that could be a technicality if anything DID happen.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I muzzle when I walk just because of the reason ..Only when I know im going somewhere other dogs may be .. I just stop and sit for a minuet with her and let her get some water and take it off everyone in awhile .

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I muzzle when I walk just because of the reason ..Only when I know im going somewhere other dogs may be .. I just stop and sit for a minuet with her and let her get some water and take it off everyone in awhile .
I can totally understand that. Sometimes I think I should do that just because f the amount of idiots who live around me. But then I feel bad and think I should not have to muzzle my boy because other people suck. There is no law to do it in my city, but I bet I would have an easier, relaxed walk if he WAS muzzled. Not always on the watch out, looking behind me making sure no one is sneaking up or behind trash cans... Then i just feel like he cant sniff the ground as close with it on and I want him to enjoy the walks, I feel selfish like the muzzle would just make me feel better and he would suffer and I should expect people to obey the law and leash their dogs and have no problem. But people suck. ughhh the endless battle I usually have just in my own head, lol. Sorry it played out a bit

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I refuse to muzzle my dogs for anyone { i have no reason to have to , but do understand if there is a dog where its needed to for there or other peoples safety}. If it came down to a law I think i would just do more in my own property then to have to take them out and muzzle them.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I don't, nor will I (middle finger to the bsl) I just limit exposure when I go to Miami.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I lived somewhere that they passed a law requiring it (obviously, I wouldn't already be living there) I would absolutely abide by it, for however long it took me to move. My dogs lives aren't worth risking
that's kinda how I feel, I would be moving but until then, would not want to risk his life for his natural reactions. Especially after reading this story...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts