Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i see everyone making a big deal about these tri colored pits. well its funny because i always thought my dog max wus scratchin his fur off from squeezin under my couch but it comes 2 my suprise that hes just actually 3 colors. He's black/white/and also that fawn color around his shoulders and ears and legs. Just a question but whats so special about tri colored dogs? now before you guys go trying to tell me im wrong and yadda yadda his mother was that weird zebra fawn striped color and his dad wus a red nose but he wus red n white his mother was a blue nose. so im just like confused at the big deal about tri colored pits can anyone tell me?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
tri is just a color pattern or color whatever nothing more and doesnt make a dog special. its the same as red or blue or fawn just a color. The mom was a zebra stripe and blue nose? was she a blue fawn brindle? if you post a pic of your pup we can tell you what color he is , alot of people mistake smutt and sable for tris. A true tri color will have tan markings on the chest, butt, legs and eyebrows with cheeks. there is no big deal about any color, some have prefrences for color but thats all it is. My boy zeke in my signature is a true tri.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i will post pics 4 ms angel baby but its hard 2 tell cuz hes so dark thats y i couldnt tell either u have 2 be right up on him

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
there are some tris that are very subtle some call them ghost tris but its just a tri . You should see eyebrows though those are always on a true tri. otherwise you may have a sable or smutt { same thing just different names} if its just a tint change in places you said he is black? you may have a seal color , you can see tints of blue or red or fawn in some of these its just another dilute of black same as blue is a dilute of black. Pictures would deff help though , try and get them in good light.
Also incase you didnt know the albums on here dont work so best to upload to a site like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket or something and copy the IMG link from there to here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts