Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here in Texas they are trying to pass he so called Justin Law to where it is a FELONY to own Pitbulls in Texas.. Well I can tell you this I will be a Felon if it goes down. I really dont think it will pass but who knows these days..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all because of a bad dog attack.. There are hundreds of dog attacks every day but as soon as one is a Pit then all heck breaks loose.. And of coarse it was the dogs fault and not the owners who raised him the wrong or mean way.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SAN ANTONIO -- There is a new push to prevent dog attacks in Texas.
An East Texas mother, who lost her 10-year-old son after he was mauled by pit bulls, is working to draft legislation called Justin's Law.
Serenia Clinton's attorney says the ultimate goal is banning ownership of pit bulls. But a responsibility bill for owners of dangerous dog breeds, like pit bulls and rottweilers, would be a step in the right direction.
"Some people have pit bulls and they think their pit is a safe pet, unfortunately, they're a safe pet until they act on their abnormally dangerous propensities," says the Clinton's attorney, Cynthia Kent.
Kent says she hopes to have a draft of Justin's Law in the hands of state lawmakers within 30 days. She plans to file the draft before the next legislative session begins in January.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
It can't pass, there is a no BSL law here, it is against the law ot instate BSL here. I will be at the capitol tomorrow, this will not pass at all.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well there are enough owners there in the state to keep this from passing... I wouldnt put it past the legislature to try and pass something like this especially with the nations eyes on the house right now with all the other stuff going on...

My honest opinion (as I lived there once upon a time) Texas is notorious for being "out of the ordinary" where their laws are concerned and this would put them in that category with only one other - Denver...

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
ughh Brook, this si what we keep fighting, it happened 2 years ago, not this law but one like it, it won't pass, they can't let it happen, i will be at the courthouse tomorrow, know that

·
Registered
92 Posts
I dont think it would pass but omg at this lady and her attorney... I feel bad for her loss but good lord its like getting in a car accident with someone and blaming the car

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Actually I work in the collision industry and you wouldn't believe the stories of people sueing everyone including car makers... I know you will the I have emailed letters to all your state reps too... My hopes and prayers are with you...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If this law passes there it will be very easy for the states to adopt it... Ugh scary

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
My friend is from Texas. Although she lives here now. She has flat out told me,that there are so many pit owners in Texas,that there is no way it will pass.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
There always seems to be 2 pit bulls (or more) in these horrible news stories. I wonder why that is?

Grrr @ irresponsible owners who leave their dogs outside without proper supervision. That fence was what? 4 feet? Those dogs likely lived out there with little to no interaction with people.

Oh and banning pit bulls will not stop dog attacks because not all dog attacks are by pit bulls. Idiots. Their logic has so many holes....

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
There always seems to be 2 pit bulls (or more) in these horrible news stories. I wonder why that is?

Grrr @ irresponsible owners who leave their dogs outside without proper supervision. That fence was what? 4 feet? Those dogs likely lived out there with little to no interaction with people.

Oh and banning pit bulls will not stop dog attacks because not all dog attacks are by pit bulls. Idiots. Their logic has so many holes....
miami passed it like 25-28 years ago.
I can take you to neighborhoods that are slam up with pits.
ya might wanna wear a flack jacket though,they are a bit war torn.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
ughhh there is really NO way this is gonna pass, I just can't see it happening, and I refuse to move from here because they are takin away my RIGHT as an american citizen to have property, grrrr. This makes me so angry. I will be at the courthouse today, may have my nieces with me but we will be there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts