Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh man I just browsed thru the for sale adds on gopitpull and found people getting rid of pups at 4 weeks old, " when they can eat they are out" .. Can you believe this. You of course had the over priced "bullies". Man I just looked thru a few pages of adds and almost everyone was very disappointing. Just wondering if anyone else has had this browsing experience..

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
No I have never looked at them here but on other sites I have and I find it all rather disappointing that some people only see there animals as $$$$. There is too much saddness and baddness in the day to look for more.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just caught by surprise mainly by the little four week olds being shoved out when they start to eat. Those poor puppies.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
omg... do we not monitor the classifieds at all? I understand it's not our responsibility nor are we reliable, but anyone off of the street who gets this site and checks the classifieds would never take our advice seriously if we contradict everything we say by knowingly advertising bad breeders. You aren't the only one who has noticed bad stuff... just the other day someone was talking about a yorkie for sale and it was totally a bad deal.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
american_pit13 said:
Oh man I just browsed thru the for sale adds on gopitpull and found people getting rid of pups at 4 weeks old, " when they can eat they are out" .. Can you believe this. You of course had the over priced "bullies". Man I just looked thru a few pages of adds and almost everyone was very disappointing. Just wondering if anyone else has had this browsing experience..
Please if you see any specific ads like this, e-mail them (the exact link) to [email protected] and I will definitely take care of it.

I try to filter them the best I can, but there are a lot of inappropriate things which get through anyway. Don't worry about 'over reacting' about an ad either, if you have even the slightest feeling that something may be appropriate, e-mail it to me and I will review it asap.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
Ok guys, we're tossing around some options in the Moderator's forum right now regarding this situation. One of these options is to appoint a few more people the ability to edit classified ads (moderators can already do this, but it wouldn't hurt to have more) I'll update everyone once we find a definite solution.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
GoPitbull said:
Please if you see any specific ads like this, e-mail them (the exact link) to [email protected] and I will definitely take care of it.

I try to filter them the best I can, but there are a lot of inappropriate things which get through anyway. Don't worry about 'over reacting' about an ad either, if you have even the slightest feeling that something may be appropriate, e-mail it to me and I will review it asap.
well that's good to know. I didn't know if it was a free-for-all in there. I haven't visited recently. Last time I did was when I posted a pup a long while ago. Those poor babies. I hope he doesn't find homes for them until they are at least 7 weeks old. then all of them find wonderful homes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i actually never looked in the area until i read this post, i just assumed it would be dogs from registered breeders and regulated in some fashion, its good to see how quickly the moderators responded to the problem

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GoPitbull said:
Ok guys, we're tossing around some options in the Moderator's forum right now regarding this situation. One of these options is to appoint a few more people the ability to edit classified ads (moderators can already do this, but it wouldn't hurt to have more) I'll update everyone once we find a definite solution.
Thats good. I didn't mean to start anything or cause problems, I was just surprised by some of the ads. I am glad to hear that you guys do monitor them, I wasn't aware of that. I was just starting this thread to see if anyone else had come across ads like this. I was just looking thru the ads and seen alot of ads that are things we talk about here on the forum that are hurting this breed so much. Also glad to have an email address for terrible ads to help you guys catch them.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for the time it's taking to get this set up, but please rest assured that we're working on it right now.

What we're doing is making a new 'Jr Moderator' type position, the jr mods will focus primarily on the classifieds, but still have the ability to edit posts in the forums, warn people, etc... If they want someone banned though, that will have to go through one of our moderators.

Keep posted, this will be in effect soon!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbsup: Thats a great simple way to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts