Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wutsup people I goin to try to make this quick, Ihave a pit mix i thought the pound had picked her up so me and my 3yr old daughter went to walk around the pound and as i was talkin to someone my daughter ran off to a kennel. Well i walked up to the kennel and there he was. He had a huge gash on his face, a scab covering the whole left side of his rib cage and etc..(it makes me mad when i think how someone could do this to him) but the lady said they found him wandering around so they picked him up but she kept saying that it would be a bad idea to have a pitbull that was used for fighting then we looked down and my daughter had put her arm in the kennel and all he did was lick her so i talked with the lady for hours and finally she gave in.He is so good wit both my daughters and loves my wife and when i was leaving the pound the lady told he was suppose to be put down that night and that made me love him more she said he is a rednose apbt
(the lady did give me a lot of flak bout taking him but in the end she did microchip him for me for free so she wont so bad)

·
Registered
471 Posts
well welcome to the forum .. I would love to see pics .. and how did the shelter owner know he was used for fighting ? my dog has scars all over her face from running into stuff and on her back from getting into a fight with a pickerbush and loosing lol .. so you have two dogs is that rite .. sorry your post is a little confusing

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Wow what a lucky boy , glad you were able to convince her to let you have him. Would love to see pics of him :) Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
welcome, glad you were able to get the pup back taken care of and give him a family. Would love to see some pictures :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I dont know if she was sure if he was fought she said he aggressive toward male dogs and my pitmix is a female and he is good with her my pitmix was off runnin in the woods by my house but if i didnt go to the pound to look for her i wouldnt have found him and how do you post pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
he is cute, I doubt he was fought I find alot of shelters like to label any pitbull bred dog with scars or wounds a fighting or bait dog I think it adds to the sob story to get them adopted or gives them the justification for euthanizing. Dog aggression is common in this breed and more then likely the majority of the cases they just got in a dog fight { not a box fight , just on the street ran into another dog or something}.
Glad he gets along with your female , hope the issue that led her to get free outside of your home was fixed ;) Might get expensive going to the shelter lol may come back with more next time :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i think the "dog fighting" was a reason to put him down but he dont have to worry bout that now and somebody left my back gate open so it is now locked i prolly would come home with more dogs from the pound if i had to keep goin to check for one of mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts