Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i was just wondering if some of you guys could give me some info. My dog hurt his leg we think maybe ligament damage. But any way just interested as to what you all have been quoted or spent on a consult and x-rays. I got 3 different quotes from local vets and they were all between $500-$620 i thought that was very unreasonable. The good news is i found a vet that is 1.5 hrs away and will do the consult and x-rays for $200 wich seems much fairer. Just wanted to vent a bit as it seems to me those high quotes are just vets taking advantage of people. Thanks for any input

·
249 Posts
The $500 vets are probably more experienced that the $200 vet.And they're not taking advantage,everything's getting more expensive.Adoption fees,I adopted my mutt Hammer for $35 and then last month I went to the same shelter and every dogs adoption fee was over $100!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ouch those are expensive x rays, I wont post what I paid for xrays as my vet cuts me some slack and usually cuts costs for me lol. But the $500 I would not pay that is for sure. $200 is expensive to me but if that is your best choice you have to do what you have to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts