Votes: 27 90.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have heard alot of people talk about XXL pitbull/bully being a backyard breeder term , there is no such thing as a XXL. However bringing this up on another board when somone brought it up it caused a huge issue and some guys acted like I just took there toy car away lol. SO what is everyone individual opinion on this term and WHY? both sides of the debate are welcome I just want and explanaition as to why you feel that way, the XL breeder I had a heated debate with gave some good points and claims all XL breeders usually have XXL on there site. Does it make them a BYB? or no?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i dont think it is... i think its just a term "kennels" use to sell dogs

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hmmm.I don't know because I don't know enough about it.There is only a XL class.These dogs that they claim are XXL are competing in the XL class?It's only a word.Or are they saying that their dogs are not only XL but are XXL?Why say it if there is no class and standard for it?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I think so, most of the sites I see that term on is ghetto writing/spiked collars on the animals and thugs trying to be hard... lol

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
ABKC has no class for XXL. It has to be recognized by some registry to be more then just words.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes if they compete it would be in the XL class , the XL class are the tallest ones of the bunch so not sure how you can get taller then the tallest lol ,But the XXL would probably be to insinuate that there dogs are bigger then big so doesnt it sound like a sales pitch like "purple "?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think so, most of the sites I see that term on is ghetto writing/spiked collars on the animals and thugs trying to be hard... lol
LOL I love me some spikes , My dogs rock them nicely lol { just as long as they arent in the show ring , they dont belong there IMO.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
The majority of the ones who I've seen use it don't know enough about the dogs to even be breeding them.They still claim they have XXL "pit bulls".So yes I think XXL is a byb term.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
LOL I love me some spikes , My dogs rock them nicely lol { just as long as they arent in the show ring , they dont belong there IMO.
i agree, unless the show has a theme like costumes leave the goofy stuff at home and take pride in something you put a ton of effort into...the dog

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I'd have to say yes. If there's no class for XXL then yeh, it's a BYB term.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Definitely a byb term. As said before most of the sites I see this on still think they have apbt's.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would really like to hear both sides , I see 2 people said no I know clint explained why but would like to hear the other persons side. I find it interesting as to the different views people have on this and trying to be open minded to those who disagree and look atit from there side as well.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
anything that fall's over the XL class fall's under the Extreme class however many x's you want to add behind that class is up to you LOL Politically speaking you don't own an xxxxxl bully you own an extreme bully LOL. So yeah I would say the BYB's who are less than adequate elsewhere feel better about adding more x's in front of those l's LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya see Sadie that was my answer to the individual who felt the need to argue over it , I asked for him to define the XXL to me since XL is the tallest of the classes and how can you get taller then tallest ? lol , then said if its big huge body mass wouldnt it be extreme? he came back with the reply { ill post a quick PG version LOL} that he never called the xxl a class its a style of dog and he considers anything around the 130lb mark as a XXL as its extremely big , he said most all XL breeders or breeders they work with will have XXL on there website and used this one as an example as a reputable breeder who has XXXL lol..:: ALABAMAIRONPITBULLS ::.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Tell him to go read the ABKC standards no where does it mention weight in any class. Height yes weight no. Anything that falls outside of the XL class would be extreme if he doesn't like it tell him to take it up with ABKC. If he's not breeding dog's to their standards he's just a BYB and should jump out the game now LOL. You told him right let him cry about it all he wants FACTS are FACTS lol.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Ya see Sadie that was my answer to the individual who felt the need to argue over it , I asked for him to define the XXL to me since XL is the tallest of the classes and how can you get taller then tallest ? lol , then said if its big huge body mass wouldnt it be extreme? he came back with the reply { ill post a quick PG version LOL} that he never called the xxl a class its a style of dog and he considers anything around the 130lb mark as a XXL as its extremely big , he said most all XL breeders or breeders they work with will have XXL on there website and used this one as an example as a reputable breeder who has XXXL lol..:: ALABAMAIRONPITBULLS ::.
It's that kind of attitude that confuses people IMO. Not everyone is going to do research on the dogs they're buying and if someone tells them it's a XXL, XXXL, XXXXL whatever, they'll think the more Xs the better. Then it becomes a vicous cycle with breeders adding more Xs to sell more dogs. Nobody wins. The ABKC already has what, 4 classes? If you can't fit your dogs into one of them you're doing something wrong.

Reactions: dixieland
1 - 20 of 26 Posts