Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat has been so bad here in NM I have not been able to ship dogs out. I have had Barca for way too long and he want to go be with his family in Canada. Continental airlines is one of the best to ship pets on but they have not had the big jets here in NM for a while. Well this week they brought back shipping animals from NM and I can have my little man shipped on Monday! He will leave here at about 11 am and arrive in Houston TX at 1 pm, then I have arranged for the kennel service to go pick him up and let him run around at the on site pet hotel. He will be able to get water and go potty then they will take him for hs flight at 6pm to Canada. He will then fly about 4 hours and arrive for Jaida to come get him.

I never knew they offered such services! I was really worried because he would have been kenneled for over 13 hours but this way he can go to a doggy hotel and play then his kennel time is cut in have. The price was not too expensive either. so YAY Barca can go to is new home on Monday!!!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sweet! We need pics when he gets to the other side :D

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
that's awesome!!! It sounds pretty much like the ideal situation, i'm happy for you and Barca =)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so excited but sad at the same time, Barca is a great puppy and I am going to miss him! I wish I could keep the whole litter but they found the best homes you could hope for and I know they are going to love their new homes. Xena goes to holly in early Sept and I will miss her, she is sooo sweet I will miss her gentle kisses.

YAY Barca!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awwww I know what you mean. When Ryan and I first got together he had the litter between Mack and Mary Jane and omg did I love them all. I wanted to keep all of them. Cage was always called Fluffy Butt cause he was always so fat. Ryan would say, "Aw he's not fat he's just a fluffy butt." lol. There was one other one, who his friend owns now, named Pinkerton cause he has no color on him at all his eye lids and nose are all pink. He was my favorite favorite. I was so sad when his friend came and took him away :( They are really cool though and they let us come over and see him :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
So I am on another PitBull group and someone just sent their dog through Continental. When they brought them with the wire crate, they could not quite stand up, so they required her to buy one of their crates. When her pup landed, he had bitten out of their plastic cage and was left tumbling around cargo and got all bruised and bloody. When Continental originally apologized and offered to pay vet bills etc. then they had a representative call her and explained they do not allow PitBulls on Their airline so they would no longer be paying since he should not have been on in the first place. Just want to make sure you check on any breed bans, not sure of its true or not, just passing on what she stated. Have you checked out petairlines.com? they seem awesome and dont ban any dog or cat breed.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
So I am on another PitBull group and someone just sent their dog through Continental. When they brought them with the wire crate, they could not quite stand up, so they required her to buy one of their crates. When her pup landed, he had bitten out of their plastic cage and was left tumbling around cargo and got all bruised and bloody. When Continental originally apologized and offered to pay vet bills etc. then they had a representative call her and explained they do not allow PitBulls on Their airline so they would no longer be paying since he should not have been on in the first place. Just want to make sure you check on any breed bans, not sure of its true or not, just passing on what she stated. Have you checked out petairlines.com? they seem awesome and dont ban any dog or cat breed.
oh wow, yes they do ship pit bulls but they have a cut off for the age and weight. I've never heard of an airline company offering their own crates though. When I shipped pig and cree, they didn't even have room in their office to have available crates, nothing was on the loading dock either.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Is she getting a lawyer for this? because that is just wrong and they should have told her BEFORE they loaded the dog if they had a breed ban, no sir they would be paying my bills or get ALOT of bad press trust me!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I totally agree Aireal, thats the route I would go!! Just checked the thread and sadly, she is going to say its a Dalmatian/lab mix, not a lab/pit mix since her pup is all white. Not wanting to fight the battle I guess. Its her sisters dog, who was called to Iraq, so its just so sad. The pup is OK though now, just tense and probably missing his mom! As far as their no pit rules, I don't really know maybe they changed their rules? when did you fly Indigo?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I totally agree Aireal, thats the route I would go!! Just checked the thread and sadly, she is going to say its a Dalmatian/lab mix, not a lab/pit mix since her pup is all white. Not wanting to fight the battle I guess. Its her sisters dog, who was called to Iraq, so its just so sad. The pup is OK though now, just tense and probably missing his mom! As far as their no pit rules, I don't really know maybe they changed their rules? when did you fly Indigo?
I shipped them 13 months ago. The policy still stands, here's a link:

Continental Airlines - Animal Restrictions

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah they are banned :(

American Pit Bull Terriers (Pit Bulls, Pit Bull Terriers)

Continental Airlines will accept American Pit Bull Terrier puppies which are between 8 weeks and 6 months of age provided they do not weigh more than 20 lb (9 kg). All American Pit Bull Terriers more than 6 months old or weighing more than 20lb (9 kg) will be refused. Crossbreeds with American Pit Bull Terriers are also excluded from this embargo. This embargo is due to the danger presented to our aircraft and our customers.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You cannot ship dogs in wire crate and I would never ship a dog that had problems enough to try and escape a crate or had bad behavior issues. Why would you try to ship a dog who was in a crate they could not stand up in? That is way too small! They are lucky Continental was nice enough to offer to pay for vet bills. Really that was the owners error not the airlines. I ship dogs all the time but you have to know what dogs do not have the correct temperament to fly.

Barca is traveling as a Vizsla puppy as per his health cert and rabies cert. Even if they did not have a breed ban (which I know about) I still never ship my dogs as APBT's. Too much predigest and Continental is one of the better airlines to ship and everything is climate controlled.
Continental will not ship APBT's or bully breeds over 20lbs.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I will have to look up that breed. That's a good idea not to let their breed on paperwork. I don't knowing about the situation except the sister was not supposed to be deployed anymore and the crate was the one the pup was used too. Crazy though. I'm gonna be a driver if I need to move long distance and petairlines doesn't go where I need it too :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Riiight! Let alone then being so scared or anxious you chew out and get tossed amoung the cargo hold! Poor poor pup!! But I am glad ur pup is cleared and good to know the rules for them anyway :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
We are very excited for our little boy to come :D! And of course there will be pictures of him it will be late so I will post them Tuesday ;) We are very thankful to Lisa and her husband for giving our boy such a great start to his life and are looking forward to completing it :) And yes my little "Vizla" (sp?) ;) will be here around 9:30 Alberta Time and he will be getting lots of love and a good play time with his new momma before bed.
Thats very sad that that puppy had to suffer through that I've seen a pup who had to live in a crate way too small for nearly 6 months straight and its patellas are a mess from it :( feel sorry for the boy.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would too Lisa!! If he's as sweet as you say he'll be a heart stopper around here Brandon loves cuddle bugs so he'll get lots of hugs and cuddles here there will be no shortage of that :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts