Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so yesterday around 630pm I used Lisa from Performance Kennels recipe for ear wash 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 part rubbing alcohol, and 1 part peroxide. Ecko may or may not have swallowed a little of it. I understand that is a valid reason for throwing up everything he's eaten in the last month or so, but threw up three times in a row about an hour ago. I gave him some tums this morning at 630am when he barfed for the first time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I give him some milk, or just wait it out? He's not lethargic or anything, just hungry. He's drinking water, which is what he yacked up an hour ago. All advice and help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
No milk! I doubt it was the ear wash but maybe. You can give some acid reducer like pepcid or the drug name is Famotidine and you can get the generic. Give one 20mg tablet to help reduce the stomach acid and calm it down. Most dogs are lactose intolerant so milk would just upset the stomach more. It should help calm things down a bit.

Of course if this continues and the dog is acting weird you might need to go to the vet. Sound just like an upset stomach.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was just weird. I know you can give peroxide to induce vomiting, but I didn't think it would last almost 24 hours. I gave him rice and broth about two hours ago and just gave him a little bit more now. He hasn't yacked again yet. He has such a sensitive stomach he probably ate a piece of dust and got sick. But, he is doing better now. He has been on fish flex for several days for his abscess too so it's not bacterial whatever it is. His abscess is drying up and healing slowly too. Thanks again for all of your advice and help. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When it rains it poors I guess. He's eaten twice now no cookies tossed. I think we're in the clear. Snuggles and relaxationn time for the guy. Thank you for everything. Have a great rest of the weekend. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.