Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added Yogurt and raw eggs to Chewy diet for the past month. Yogurt and 2 raw eggs once a week mixed with blue buffalo wild wilderness. I have not noticed that much of a difference in his shine in his coat. I have read it is not only good for there diet but also for there coat. Benefits and serving's?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
If you really want to see results, I suggest dumping the kibble and trying some raw meat. If the yogurt has any artificial sweeteners or added sugar, I'd stop feeding it.

Raw Fed Dogs - Natural Prey Model Rawfeeding Diet This site has tons of info on it. It's a lot of work, but it really makes a difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really want to see results, I suggest dumping the kibble and trying some raw meat. If the yogurt has any artificial sweeteners or added sugar, I'd stop feeding it.

Raw Fed Dogs - Natural Prey Model Rawfeeding Diet This site has tons of info on it. It's a lot of work, but it really makes a difference.
I do mix it and give him raw meat. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Fish oil and Coconut oil rotated out daily would give you a more noticeable change. Yogurt is more for digestion then coat. And similar to what Kenaii said. It should be plain yogurt.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fish oil and Coconut oil rotated out daily would give you a more noticeable change. Yogurt is more for digestion then coat. And similar to what Kenaii said. It should be plain yogurt.
Would fish oil help with joints and future hip issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I haven't heard of it used for joints. Do some research, see if you can find any literature on it for that use. I would use glucosamine for that, personally. How old is your dog anyway? In most cases, adding a bunch of supplements is really not necessary.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't heard of it used for joints. Do some research, see if you can find any literature on it for that use. I would use glucosamine for that, personally. How old is your dog anyway? In most cases, adding a bunch of supplements is really not necessary.
My bulldog is 12 and knocking on deaths door. Nothing will help her but a vet suggested it. I heard Glucosamine can work. Just thinking preventative for my new bully coming my way.

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
When my oldest cat started having issues getting up in the bed my vet recommended fish oil. He of course refused it because cats are finicky jerks. But my vet did say it helps a bit. Glucosamine and Chondroitin help.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I do mix it and give him raw meat. What do you think?
Is he a puppy? If so you may not see the shine in his coat that he will get when he gets his adult coat
He looks fine to me.
The egss and yogurt won't hurt him and if he likes it, I'd continue. I like to mix meat like burger or whatever I can get cheap -- my dogs would enjoy that more than anything.

·
Banned
134 Posts
My bulldog is 12 and knocking on deaths door. Nothing will help her but a vet suggested it. I heard Glucosamine can work. Just thinking preventative for my new bully coming my way.

I've done some reading on the glucosamine...seems what's in dog foods is really not at a level to do any good - you'd have to get supplements. And it seems there is no definitive proof that they do any good either....just depends on the dog - some react and some don't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts