Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When our 2 year old male APBT is out in the backyard by himself...he behaves! He plays gently with his toys, explores the fenced perimeter and sleeps on the deck.

When we put out our 8 month old male pug with him they both terrorize our backyard! Dig holes, shred anything in sight (shoes, cardboard, sticks, etc.)

We now have to stay out in the yard when they are out together to prevent the destruction!

So, is this normal? Do male dogs try to impress each other by being destructive? If so, this is just how high-schoolers act! :hammer:

·
Registered
225 Posts
My male misbehaves on walks when I'm speaking w/ someone and ignoring him. He does anything he 'knows' he ought not to do and would not do in my presence otherwise. Such as try to eat sticks, rocks, dirt...he acts out just like a child seeking attention. The female just sits there like a lady.

When my 2 are together ( always supervised) they are a happy wrecking crew until I calm them down, or they run themselves tired.

I'm guessing people will tell you it's a good thing you're now always supervising your 2 dogs when they're loose together.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My male misbehaves on walks when I'm speaking w/ someone and ignoring him. He does anything he 'knows' he ought not to do and would not do in my presence otherwise. Such as try to eat sticks, rocks, dirt...he acts out just like a child seeking attention. The female just sits there like a lady.

When my 2 are together ( always supervised) they are a happy wrecking crew until I calm them down, or they run themselves tired.

I'm guessing people will tell you it's a good thing you're now always supervising your 2 dogs when they're loose together.
I've always kept an eye on them when they are out together but I'm constantly having to yell at them to stop destroying something or digging. If I stay out in the yard and walk around with them, they behave. Little punks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts