Go Pitbull Forums banner

What gender are you with what gender of dog you PREFER (not own)

• I am a woman and I prefer female dogs

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I am a woman and I prefer male dogs

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I am a man and I prefer female dogs

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I am a man and I prefer male dogs

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I do not have a gender preference and enjoy both sexes equally

Votes: 11 26.2%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what gender dogs everyone prefers, in relation to their own gender. If men tend to like female dogs more or women tend to like male dogs more... So please vote and add your comments.

Please note this is what you PREFER not what you OWN

· Original Prankster
13,974 Posts
I prefer my boys ;) I have noticed with the dogs we've owned that the boys listened to me way better, and the girls were the same with Ryan.
I like my momma's boys ;)

· Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I am a woman and own both males and females and love them all. The sex of the dog is really not a factor to me, it is the individual dog that counts.

· Pits Are For Chicks
16,347 Posts
I own mainly females and prefer female dogs however I like to have at least one male around the house for entertainment lol.

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
I am a female and I have always owned males until Bella came along. I actually wanted to experience owning a female dog and I am very pleased with my girl. I love male dogs but an un-fixed male always wears his brain in his testicles like most men so I prefer neutered males ;)

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
If I owned a female dog she would be so spoiled lol I would let her do whatever she wants :)
That's funny you say that because I tend to be alot softer with Bella than I ever have with any of my males :). She is such a little angel though...... doesn't get into any trouble and is so eager to please me. Luv my little girl :D

· Banned
3,725 Posts
That's funny you say that because I tend to be alot softer with Bella than I ever have with any of my males :). She is such a little angel though...... doesn't get into any trouble and is so eager to please me. Luv my little girl :D
I love female dogs they are gentile :)

· The Yard Of Many Colors
3,422 Posts
i dont have a preference.. im a female and i have both :D

· ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a very stubborn female, I can't be soft on her or she will walk all over me. lol That is why she is very well trained. But she does ignore commands and I have to get on her butt about that.

· Administrator
4,871 Posts
I am female. I prefer neutered males. Ecko has been the best dog I've ever had. My GF's little chihuahua is female and we don't mix well at all. My last dog was a girl and I ended up having to giver her to my mom, but the connection I have with Ecko is soooo much stronger, so yeah. Ball free boys for me. :)

· ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I choose the no gender preference selection. After really considering if I liked females more than males. I have had way more female dogs in my life, mostly due to circumstance. They were rescues, and I didn't choose them from a litter where I could pick the gender. When I chose Helena, I chose her for markings. I had wanted a male, and her brother was very similar to her, but I chose her instead. And I enjoyed the thought of buying pink collars and leashes. lol Silly yes, but this was before I knew anything about selecting a puppy.

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
I choose the no gender preference selection. After really considering if I liked females more than males. I have had way more female dogs in my life, mostly due to circumstance. They were rescues, and I didn't choose them from a litter where I could pick the gender. When I chose Helena, I chose her for markings. I had wanted a male, and her brother was very similar to her, but I chose her instead. And I enjoyed the thought of buying pink collars and leashes. lol Silly yes, but this was before I knew anything about selecting a puppy.
Lol! I am having way to much fun buying girly collars! I just ordered a pretty one from collar mania suggested by my daughter that Bella needed one lol!

· Registered
2,146 Posts
before I had male dogs I had never owned them. Now that I do...boy have they enriched thei house of estrogen!

· SASSY MINX
3,481 Posts
To me the gender doesn't matter...

I really have no prefernence. but I do think where the pup lies in it's pack is what defines his/her personality.

I have this theory runts make the best pup overall, because they have to go through more to make it early on in the pack - it builds character & a better dog overall.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.