Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm n the last week we have noticed k.o. havin some majorly rank breath!! im not talkin puppy or dog breath im talkin sick nasty breath!!!! hes been losing a ton of teeth lately... Kinda dumb but could that b causing it????

·
Registered
310 Posts
lol at sick nasty breath that made me laugh...but yea i know exactly what you are talkin about my 5 month olds the same way i use greenies the little treat thing they work pretty good for me but youhaveto give them like twice a day....good luck with the sick nasty breath lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are his teeth rotten looking?

When we got Bella, she had a rotten baby tooth in the back and her breath was horrible! After it fell out, her breath was much better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does it smell kind of like rotten blood? If he's teething then that smell is normal. Just check his gums to make sure they're not swollen and red and no teeth are impacted. Make sure he has alot of chew toys. Also, I wouldn't suggest giving Greenies to puppies younger than 6 months, or while teething, they can pull the teeth out. You could always try doggie toothpaste, but when my pup was teething nothing seemed to help. It should go away in a few weeks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hes only 5 mths old so its not old dog breath!!

Glad u enjoyed the sick nasty comment! lol!

his teeth all look fine as far as my untrained eye is concerned..... It has a blood smell 2 it buteven more... i cant put my finger on what the smell is but whoa man!! lol!! hes got a million chew toys all w blood on em... im trying 2 clean em up as much as possible.... hes losing tons of back teeth so im assuming he should b done teething soon.....

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just sounds like bad breath from losing and gaining teeth. Once all thats is done his breath should go back to normal. Just keep letting him chew things, thats is a big relief for pups and achey teeth.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Does it smell kind of like rotten blood? If he's teething then that smell is normal. Just check his gums to make sure they're not swollen and red and no teeth are impacted. Make sure he has alot of chew toys. Also, I wouldn't suggest giving Greenies to puppies younger than 6 months, or while teething, they can pull the teeth out. You could always try doggie toothpaste, but when my pup was teething nothing seemed to help. It should go away in a few weeks.
Just sounds like bad breath from losing and gaining teeth. Once all thats is done his breath should go back to normal. Just keep letting him chew things, thats is a big relief for pups and achey teeth.
Both right... It's just teething breath. Chino is five months old, no impacted teeth, but has been teething left and right and his breath smells like blood/fishy and its not very pleasant. the more you let him chew, the more it will probably smell, but the faster more teeth come out.

Lol if you just CANT stand it brush his teeth or give some breath treats. greenies work well, and there are other things you can buy to make his breath fresh. good luck!

3,968 Posts
i agree it could be teeth coming in and falling out i know with ppl after they get teeth pulled or something they need to keep it real clean in the hole where the tooth was or it starts getting this awful rotten smell. when your pup get older you can give it raw marrow bones i find if onyx chews on raw bones it keeps his teeth clean and white which helps a lot with breath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts