Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got a call last friday about a female that we have been wanting , a friend breeder of ours bought a bunch of dogs off another kennel and said he finally has something we have been asking for and is sure of it, so ok bring her by we will check her out. She was suppose to arrive on his 1st trip he made saturday but it didnt happen . He brought back this male I had contacted the owner about before i even got crush asking if they would sell him to me { apparently the email didnt go through and they never got it}. Well waiting for this female still he called us up yesterday asking if we could take this male as well , 1st thought was no , no more males but its the one I have wanted for alooong time and I was talked into it. However thinking it over between the 2 of us and going over everything we decided no we dont want another male but know of a couple friends who would take him in a heart beat figured we would send him over there way. Well our friend wanted to come by anyways since we decided last minute on the "no" he was already in route and got here at midnight when he arrived I was in shock . We knew he was thin before hand and had been warned but the rest left us speechless. He was attacked by an older dog on the property of his original home and what I thought at 1st to be knuckling is actually swelling and most likely an infection { on way to vet today but started antibiotics last night} . You can see every rib in him and the bumps of his spine { the dog I had seen last year was nothing in comparison to the one I have now.} The wounds some of which look to have needed stitches have almost healed over i picked a couple scabs hoping to reopen for drainage , but looks like the vet will have to cut a hole for that now and the heat comming off his legs was crazy.
I hadnt been able to get much info prior to this I knew the original owner was sick and thats why she was selling all her dogs , the friend of ours got a good deal or so he thought so drove 7-8 hours each way to pick these dogs up . He arrived and said his mouth just dropped each dog looked like skeletons and very similar to Zeke he said he had no words he was speechless just opened his truck and said get in and one by one they got in and sat down like they knew he was saving them.
He is making that trip again for another 9 today and may be bringing us a female as well { not thinking we are keeping the male have a few homes lined up for him after he is healed and possibly others since there will be a bunch needing homes} but we took him in , I couldnt turn him away he is an absolute sweetheart even after what he has been through. He stunk so bad last night we couldnt even leave it till morning it was horrid so he got a 1am bath and even let me pick him up . He has been so trusting of us for just meeting us . He hasnt eaten much but i attribute that to stress and possibly the infection but he is drinking like crazy I swear he gained 5 lbs just from drinking. He loooves cheese though , had to get a pill in him and cheese worked amazing, but he turns his nose to dog treats. he grew up with a baby in the house and this morning is following my boys around like he is there shadow waggin his tail like crazy { we supervise }.
Will post pics of him soon ,hoping I can get him a bit better in a couple days before I post his pic :(

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
You really are an Angel. :)
Poor dog. Lucky to have found someone to help him though.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Post some before and after angle, thanks to you and your friend for saving them

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took a couple pics they dont look to bad, I guess the black covers some of the ribs sticking out he looks worse in person but he is pretty cute I think.

see the knuckling over looking? its all swelling :(

·
3,272 Posts
Poor baby, he'll be a cutie when fixed up

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
poor guy, fixable though!
ya thats what i thought , he has a great personality and so far really stable temperment thats what mattered to me bringing him in my home its always #1 with any dog comming here. Hopefully the legs can be healed easily enough he isnt limping at all and runs around spazzing so i dont think we will have to xray atleast not yet, Ill see what the vet says today.

·
3,272 Posts
Keep us updated!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwwww so happy your friend was able to get there when he did. Great job on taking him in, so lucky to have found you guys! He does look like a cutie and nothing like the original picture from what I remember. The swelling looks so sore! Did you make it to the vet yet? how did it go?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No turns out I cant get to the vet , your presidents clinton and bush are in town and the streets are nuts we got cut off by the secret police on our way to the mall to get another kennel and more medical supplies and had to wait as there bus and parade of cars went by :( . So will be off to the vet tomorrow when the streets re open. I did get a bunchmore supplies and either he or maybe one of the scabs i got off reopened and one of his legs has been draining, just gonna squeeze it a couple times for today and see if it helps{ vet recommended , as bad as it sounds he seems to already be looking better in that leg, less puffy . Its been a few hours}

here are the Zeke pictures some have seen , this is what he should look like right now

edit :I edited and cropped pictures are taking a minute to change I guess.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
wow, that stinks, I hope its better tomorrow so you can go. he is such a handsome boy, I am sure he will look great in no time now that he is with you guys. What they doing in your area I wonder? lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
supposedly talking about the economy and how to improve it BAHAHAHAHAHAHA I would think Bush would be the last one to talk about that subject LOL.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
supposedly talking about the economy and how to improve it BAHAHAHAHAHAHA I would think Bush would be the last one to talk about that subject LOL.
right! lol damn just an excuse to mess up your day!

·
Registered
471 Posts
omg poor baby .. you really are a great person for taking him in and takin care of him .. how many more dogs did this kennel have ? Why did he get this way .. and I dread seeing the others that were there .. =[ When I worked at the shelter dogs like that would come in and I couldnt help but cry .. its heartbreaking to see such a beautiful creature tore up so bad .. I hope he heals .. and I hope you find a fantastic home for him .. =]

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Izzo Im not even sure how many they had I know he picked up 9 the 1st trip and he said 9 or 10 this trip Hopefully thats all of them. I dont know the story on what happened on there end I know people been talking about she got ill or something dont know if maybe work was lost or what , but they are deff neglected. He isnt cowering at us at all and we have a noisy that doesnt seem to bug him. I dont think he was physically abused or anything just neglected. His wounds are from a scrap with an older male and Im guessing they just didnt have the money to care for those wounds properly and are now infected. Cant say what the story was for sure, really no excuse for that though.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sweet looking dog. Hope he heals up ok.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Izzo Im not even sure how many they had I know he picked up 9 the 1st trip and he said 9 or 10 this trip Hopefully thats all of them. I dont know the story on what happened on there end I know people been talking about she got ill or something dont know if maybe work was lost or what , but they are deff neglected. He isnt cowering at us at all and we have a noisy that doesnt seem to bug him. I dont think he was physically abused or anything just neglected. His wounds are from a scrap with an older male and Im guessing they just didnt have the money to care for those wounds properly and are now infected. Cant say what the story was for sure, really no excuse for that though.
I understand things going bad but that poor dog =[ I would like to see pics of the others .. maybe I can help in some way .. I live in michigan right by the border lol =]

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we are by the washington boarder lol I have no idea where michigan is lol. Not sure when he will be bringing this female over havent heard from him about how the trip is going he left today I think so may see her this weekend. He lives an hour from me so I dont know if I will see the others or not depends when he comes here or if we have to go out there. If we go out there ill get some pics . Hopefully the rest are just thin { sad as that is its a pretty easy fix most of the time} Hopefully they all arent beat up like this. Just got his bandages changed and got some scabs off the other leg that needs to be drained but they are healed underneath already :( so will have to let the vet open that up. and on the one that is draining its draining alot been changing the bandage twice today. Only thing is the bone in the front of the leg feels like its out of place almost like it broke and maybe rehealed, kinda jagged feeling? Im hoping im feeling that wrong Im sure he will want to xray if it is. He isnt limping at all though and gets around fine so if it broke and healed wonder if they will do anything or just leave it be?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts