Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's coming up on 5years old (in august). He still is very bouncy at times, but hes pretty chill and sleeps alot. When i go out to play or anything he tires quickly. Anything I can do to help him like... enjoy it more and not get burnt out so fast?

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hmm... sounds like he's just not exercised enough... You mean he gets winded quickly and can't keep up like he normally would? Maybe shorter amounts of time playing, more frequently would help bring him back up to speed. At 5 yrs old, he shouldn't be old, per say. He should just be in his prime.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just sounds like he need motivation, try treats or get him a toy he really likes. Also you need to build stamina then as you would a puppy. Hes a matured dog he wont be acting too crazy anymore

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Hmm.. could be a dietary condition have you had him checked? Sounds like heartworms maybe even ?? 5 yrs is a dogs tale end of prime like a man at 37-42 . Have him checked out health examination; then consider changing his diet and increasing his excercise..

You can look for a dramatic change is ability and make up around 7 then 9 .. if you dont notice compare to old pics.. still tough just old.. 8-10(maybe12)yrs most common; 15+ happens not as often.. Get him looked at, find some good puppy food if you gotta feed dry.. they dont tell you that old dogs and puppies need the same stuff cause then they couldnt sell you two different bags.. LOL stronger bones, weaker immunity, weaker digestion capabilities.. shall I go on.. The vet isnt gonna tell you buy anything but sci diet usually. THey get kick back for the food in their offices usually if they promote one over the other.. LOL anyway .. biljac frozen is your best bet if only one dog. I feed raw but BilJac frozen is my favorite commercial dog food. I rarely feed kibble as other than these newly hatched all organice foods, all dog food comes from the same place; a good vet will tell you the same thing, cause they do know. So in all reality kibble brands dont matter just good dog food recall, consumer reports.. and you'll find what you need to that fits the bill of a good diet. We are what we eat.. dogs too! I gotta lean toward health issue though blood, or heart problems. .. Its hard for me to think that a 5 yr old dog is steadily declining without a vet necessary health issue.. If there are no health issues which seems odd to the question, then your dogs health declining is natural .. diet and excersie all that will extend his life other than TLC..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hmm.. could be a dietary condition have you had him checked? Sounds like heartworms maybe even ?? 5 yrs is a dogs tale end of prime like a man at 37-42 . Have him checked out health examination; then consider changing his diet and increasing his excercise..

You can look for a dramatic change is ability and make up around 7 then 9 .. if you dont notice compare to old pics.. still tough just old.. 8-10(maybe12)yrs most common; 15+ happens not as often.. Get him looked at, find some good puppy food if you gotta feed dry.. they dont tell you that old dogs and puppies need the same stuff cause then they couldnt sell you two different bags.. LOL stronger bones, weaker immunity, weaker digestion capabilities.. shall I go on.. The vet isnt gonna tell you buy anything but sci diet usually. THey get kick back for the food in their offices usually if they promote one over the other.. LOL anyway .. biljac frozen is your best bet if only one dog. I feed raw but BilJac frozen is my favorite commercial dog food. I rarely feed kibble as other than these newly hatched all organice foods, all dog food comes from the same place; a good vet will tell you the same thing, cause they do know. So in all reality kibble brands dont matter just good dog food recall, consumer reports.. and you'll find what you need to that fits the bill of a good diet. We are what we eat.. dogs too! I gotta lean toward health issue though blood, or heart problems. .. Its hard for me to think that a 5 yr old dog is steadily declining without a vet necessary health issue.. If there are no health issues which seems odd to the question, then your dogs health declining is natural .. diet and excersie all that will extend his life other than TLC..
i vouch for biljack frozen i bought that before i went raw. its like 9$ for a 5lb back but omg do my dogs love it. I dont think there is a dog on this planet who wont eat it and it is very good for them! Not every pet store sells it though you gotta look around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts