Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

when to breed ?

Tags
breed
3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  American_Pit13 
#1 ·
i have a cilby bitch and i wan to breed her with a friends bully. no dog has ever intimidated me and this one does. i forget the bloodlines. i wanted to know how i can tell when my bitch is going into heat n when i should start putting her in with the stud... any help would b greatly appriciated,,,,ty

#3 ·
You should breed a dog when it's been proven and tested in some working venue you shouldn't breed pets ever. How many working titles do you have on your dog? What has the dog accomplished within it's working/show career that would make you think the dog is breeding worthy? If your just trying to breed your dog just because you like it than the best thing for you to do would be to spay/neuter and leave breeding to those who are actually breeding to benefit the breed not just add more worthless poorly bred animals to the population.

#4 ·
you want to breed the dog cause it intimidates you? in what way agressive? this breed isnt meant to be intimidating or for protection they are loving and loyal and not suited for guard work. The posts above are right on the mark and you should maybe research some more and maybe get some titles on those dogs. Are they even registered?

Reactions: Trojanboi400
#5 ·
*shakes head, hops on couch, and grabs popcorn*

I'll bite...
Colby is a game line if I am not mistaken, why would you breed it to a Bully? It's two different breeds of dog. Like breeding a Labrador to Golden, makes no sense.

#6 ·
LOL I didn't even see that one breeding a colby dog to a bully man I want to see ped's on these dogs and if you would seriously take an APBT to a Bully you really need to cull yourself out the breeding game and the dogs all together. I guess I should breed my registered APBT to my mom's AKC registered lab get the heck out of here.I really hope your joking with us.

#7 ·
Please rethink this. Let me tell you this story it may change your mind on breeding.

There is this girl named Becky who lives next door to my best friend. Becky picked up a pit from the pound, she was sweet and super adorable. She liked the dog so much she wanted to breed her to have a pup just like her. She went looking for a stud and found a blue bully she really liked. Now this bully was 100+lbs and her pit was around 45-50lbs. She bred them, the pregnancy went fine. The day came for her to have her puppies. She had the first 2 just fine then came number 3. He was too big to come out on his own, she freaked out. The dog was scared and ran out the front door. They couldn't catch her in time. She died out in the field along with her pups.

There is a lot more that goes into breeding than just throwing 2 dogs together. You need to know about genetics, and bloodlines so your not passing down any illnesses or genetic flaws. Had this girl known anything about breeding she wouldn't have done it and her dog would still be alive.

#8 ·
i apriciate all that andthey wont end up in the pounf im going to keep them i just wanted to know how to knowwhen a bullywasin ueaf feadi. i knew id gt slot of these responsives. i have a farm for them to fun i take good varw of my dogs even if i dojt breed her she will come home knocked up anyway just wanted help not ur opinion on what i should do,and it wasatheir own dumb fault for not having her in a pen

#9 · (Edited)
Why would you breed a Colby dog to an American Bully? Neither will bring anything to the table. Bullies are supposed to have more bone and substance,which a Colby dog will not add. Colby dogs are known for their tenacity and ability to work, which very few bullies have said qualities.

Even if you don't breed she'll come home knocked up anyway?
Did you read that before you posted? That is the most irresponsible and ignorant thing I have heard in a LOOOONG time. How about you take responsibility for your dog and be a responsible owner? SPAY YOUR BITCH! Because of your mindset it is my personal opinion that you have no business owning a dog period-- don't care what breed it is. Stick around you have a thing or 5,000 to learn.

You forget the bloodlines but you are pondering breeding to it? GTFOOH

#11 ·
Can't even spell but want to breed dogs of unknown peds?
Wow boy,your batting a big fat ZERO.

I not only think you have no business breeding;
You need to find your bitch a new home!

Reactions: Trojanboi400
#12 · (Edited)
smh... He don't realize he asked the wrong question on the wrong forum....unleash the hounds lol but sadly a lot of people think this way due to lack of knowledge.. It's not your fault OP, just take in consideration of what everybody is saying. APBTs & Am Bullys are to different breeds so you are trying to make a mixed dog like a Labradoodle but more like an XXL American Pocket Bully Terrier or something.

Don't do it! Educate yourself & do research.

#13 ·
Tell me how its not the OPs fault? This is someone who has been here since 2007 so one would think of those 4 years some common sense with these dogs would have gone in and stuck. Its always the "owners" fault for not doing the research before jumping in with these dogs, taking incentive to learn, research and gather information before even owning one of these hounds.. (or any dog breed for that matter) Its no one elses responsibility to do so for them.

If this is a legit question by the OP than it doesn't matter what is said or isn't, its more than likely going to happen regardless. Aside from this i dont know how many ways people can post on here explaining why you shouldn't do it and don't do it.

I am sick of the excuses about how people aren't being educated, misguided, etc.. Whos decision was it to get a puppy? Whos responsibility is it to take care of that pup? Well, the same responsibility should be on that same person to educate themselves and weave out bad information from knowledge.. No one elses.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl
#19 ·
if you dont breed her she will just come home knocked up????? hmm heres an Idea take the money it will cost to properly care for her and her pups including the vet money you will need for shots deworming, check ups c section ect and build a good fence so she isnt roaming free and then take the rest of the money and get her fixed. You admitting that she can come home knocked up says exactly what kind of owner you are and Im sorry but not sugar coating things is EXACTLY what you need. This breed faces enough discrimination and judgement and owners like you who put your dog out there to fail and to be in bad situations reflects on all of us as owners. I really hope you take what everyone has said to you and sit back and THINK and let it all soak in. You want to breed to keep these pups? yet the one you have right now isnt being contained or cared for adequately why would you want to bring in more? and then what happens when they grow older and dont get along and get in a fight and need big $$$ for vet bills or arent fixed and they breed? then what? I hope you reconsider this , although I have a feeling you will just go ahead with your plan.

Reactions: Sadie
#20 ·
if you dont breed her she will just come home knocked up????? hmm heres an Idea take the money it will cost to properly care for her and her pups including the vet money you will need for shots deworming, check ups c section ect and build a good fence so she isnt roaming free and then take the rest of the money and get her fixed. You admitting that she can come home knocked up says exactly what kind of owner you are and Im sorry but not sugar coating things is EXACTLY what you need. This breed faces enough discrimination and judgement and owners like you who put your dog out there to fail and to be in bad situations reflects on all of us as owners. I really hope you take what everyone has said to you and sit back and THINK and let it all soak in. You want to breed to keep these pups? yet the one you have right now isnt being contained or cared for adequately why would you want to bring in more? and then what happens when they grow older and dont get along and get in a fight and need big $$$ for vet bills or arent fixed and they breed? then what? I hope you reconsider this , although I have a feeling you will just go ahead with your plan.
Yeah if he can first figure out how to tell his bitch is in heat :hammer:

#22 ·
Regardless of what this person is up to we have forum staff to handle things, any insults to this member ( as in troll insinuations) will result in infractions, no warnings, you guys know better.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.